Pro Bike Kit. PBK. Lamentable

korblimey
korblimey Posts: 8
edited June 2014 in Road buying advice
I've used PBK a lot in the last few years. In the main with no problem. But 2 recent purchases have been so irritating I feel compelled to flag up their incompetence. First £600 Cosmic Carbone wheels. Yes, a good price but packed so poorly the box arrived punctured on both sides with paint damage to spokes some of which were bent. There were various other marks and dings. Not a big deal. But not what you expect if you're buying new wheels. The normal round black hub protector caps were missing. And there were 2 front skewers - meaning I had to get a rear myself to use them. They looked like they were returns. I asked for a new set from PBK or £100 off the price. PBK's response - go and get the wheels fixed and we'll pay for the repairs! So after 2 trips, I got Sigma Sport to true the wheels but was left with paint damaged spokes and various other marks to the rims and hubs they couldn't deal with. Sigma thought PBK's policy bizarre. I got £50 back. Then in April I ordered 2 pairs of bib shorts but was only sent one. 2 months, 4 phone calls and countless emails later, I am still waiting for a refund. Enough. I'll never buy from PBK again.

Comments

• What you planning on ordering next?
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • andy9964
    andy9964 Posts: 930
    If I'd spent £600 on anything, and the box was holed on delivery, I wouldn't have accepted it
  • I wouldn't have accepted it either. Even after you had accepted it you know you've got 14 days 'cooling off' period to send back anything bought online anyway, right?
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    So there were bent spokes and you've got paint damaged spokes which Sigma couldn't fix? So presumably that means that the bent spokes were just straightened?

Why would you consider that even slightly acceptable in return for a £50 discount off a £600 pair of wheels? For that deal I'd have said no for a £200 discount.
    Faster than a tent.......
  • giant_man
    giant_man Posts: 6,878
    could be something to do with the fact that they were overtaken by The Hut Group, my last purchase with PBK resulted in them not sending an actual invoice (who doesn't do that?), something I had to ask more than once to obtain.
  • chanjy
    chanjy Posts: 200
    Actually PBK were fine with all my orders over the last year or so. Also all my returns have been processed efficiently and quickly so no complaints there either.

OP seems quick to turn his anger on PBK instead of asking himself why he didn't just return them?
  • alex222
    alex222 Posts: 598
    Rolf F wrote:
    So there were bent spokes and you've got paint damaged spokes which Sigma couldn't fix? So presumably that means that the bent spokes were just straightened?

Why would you consider that even slightly acceptable in return for a £50 discount off a £600 pair of wheels? For that deal I'd have said no for a £200 discount.
    This