supersix evo sram red or propel adv. 2

chrisbrook
chrisbrook Posts: 9
edited June 2014 in Road buying advice
Hi, i'm gonna get back into road cycling after some 15 years away doing family things and have the oppotunity to get a new road bike.
My main experience is in 10 - 25 mile TT which i'd like to eventually get back into but training rides would be in and around the new forest.
The bikes i've got my eye on are CANNONDALE SUPERSIX EVO SRAM RED, GIANT TCR ANDVANCED SL3 and GIANT PROPEL ADVANCED 2.

At the moment i'm just going round in circles as to which one.... next weekend i'll hopefully get to bikeshop to either have a look or test ride these bikes.

cheers
chris

Comments

• giant_man
    giant_man Posts: 6,878
    It would be a test ride for me, every time, even more so as you're spending some wedge. Enjoy ...
  • The Evo has quite a short head tube, I wouldn't recommend to someone who hasn't been on a bike for 15 years.

Not sure how relaxed the geometry is of the Giant
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • On my size the supersix would have a head tube of 155mm and the giants would have 170mm and a defy would be 185mm
  • I have the SuperSix Evo Red 2014 and it is a fantastic bike, pretty smooth and stiff. Wheels are underwhelming for a 3.5k bike so you should budget to upgrade them if you were to get it. SRAM Red is lovely to use. Sigma Sport in Kingston have got them on offer @ 2999.99 Bargain!

They come with a LOT of spacers so plenty of time to ease in to a better lower position a spacer at a time.

1689086_10152095515224733_1251011847_n.jpg

Cannot really comment of the Giants, as I came from a Specialized Roubaix.
  • neeb
    neeb Posts: 4,471
    chrisbrook wrote:
    On my size the supersix would have a head tube of 155mm and the giants would have 170mm and a defy would be 185mm
    Are you sure? Those are pretty major differences. How are you working out what your correct size is in each model?
  • neeb wrote:
    chrisbrook wrote:
    On my size the supersix would have a head tube of 155mm and the giants would have 170mm and a defy would be 185mm
    Are you sure? Those are pretty major differences. How are you working out what your correct size is in each model?
    Sorry misred the cannondale sizing chart it has a 175mm head tube

cannondale im a 58cm
    giant i'm a M/L