Cycle to work choices

anm72
anm72 Posts: 5
edited June 2014 in Road buying advice
Hi we have just started a cycle to work scheme with halfords and i am looking to get a road bike, i currently have a carrera subway hybrid which has done me well for the last year most of my riding is road and my commute is all road. My budget is £700 and i was looking at the boardman road comp is this a good choice ?

Comments

• ElliesDad
    ElliesDad Posts: 245
    I've just applied for my voucher for the Halfords scheme. I don't know if you know or not, but you don't have to use Halfords to get a bike under the Halfords scheme. I'm getting the Giant Defy 2 from a LBS who take the vouchers, your scheme administrator should be able to give you a list of local shops who take the Halfords vouchers. Even if non of your local shops take them, if you phone the Halfords C2W people they can source most other brands for delivery to your local Halfords store.

The Boardman is a nice bike, but for the same money you could have the Giant Defy 3, similar spec but the frame is very good.
    2012 Boardman FS Team
    2014 Giant Defy 2
  • passout
    passout Posts: 4,425
    Yes it is a good choice - good value. That's what I'd go for if buying from Halfords. The Boardman cyclo cross bikes look good too.
    'Happiness serves hardly any other purpose than to make unhappiness possible' Marcel Proust.
  • anm72
    anm72 Posts: 5
    have investigated a bit more and i can use in a couple of lbs so am now considering cannondale, giant or boardman max price is £700 whats best to go for ?