Your thoughts on these

socrates
socrates Posts: 453
edited June 2014 in Road buying advice
Hi
I am in the market for a new bike. Obviously fit will be high on the agenda as well as comfort. However I have narrowed it down to 3, Casati Aliena, Legend HT 7.5 and Scapin Etika RC. Has anyone experience of any of the above. I hope to try out these within the next few weeks but a heads up would be helpful. Thank you for any help you can give.

Comments

• There's a couple of forum members that own Legends, legendlust and cdc02254. Hopefully they will notice your thread and give you some feedback.

It seems you have a thing for custom made Italian frames. Can't fault your list for sheer drool-worthiness. You might also want to check out the Basso Diamante. Made in Italy and absolutely gorgeous. Yes, I'm obviously biased.
    http://www.bassobikes.com/en-UK/diamante.php
  • socrates
    Thanks Theobrixton. Is it the Diamanté you ride and what are your thoughts
  • Yep, see my thread for it, link is in my sig.
  • LegendLust
    LegendLust Posts: 1,022
    socrates wrote:
    Hi
    I am in the market for a new bike. Obviously fit will be high on the agenda as well as comfort. However I have narrowed it down to 3, Casati Aliena, Legend HT 7.5 and Scapin Etika RC. Has anyone experience of any of the above. I hope to try out these within the next few weeks but a heads up would be helpful. Thank you for any help you can give.

I don't know how the other nice frames on your list are built - all I can say is that my HT9.5 is the best bike I have ridden. But then again it should be - as all Legend's are custom built one offs, mine fits perfectly and rides perfectly, because the tube to tube method Legend uses means they can make the frame handle and perform as you'd like. plus the 7.5's main triangle is custom made, so the tubes can be built to suit you as well.

The finish on them are superb, hand painted graphics etc.

Where will you be trying out the HT7.5?
  • socrates
    Hi Legend lust. I was going on Friday to have a look in Le Beau Velo and Cadence Custom in London. Is there anywhere else that you know of. How is the 7.5 for comfort, hill climbing and acceleration. I know a lot depends on the rider but would value your opinions on the bike itself in this regard. Thank you.
  • LegendLust
    LegendLust Posts: 1,022
    socrates wrote:
    Hi Legend lust. I was going on Friday to have a look in Le Beau Velo and Cadence Custom in London. Is there anywhere else that you know of. How is the 7.5 for comfort, hill climbing and acceleration. I know a lot depends on the rider but would value your opinions on the bike itself in this regard. Thank you.

Hi. There is also Hoops Velo in Farnham and Velosport in Putney who are Legend dealers. But I'd suggest you get in touch with Ali at Legend UK - he'll point you in the right direction. http://legend-bikes.com/

Marco can build the frame to ride how you want - but to give you an idea, my HT9.5 is very stiff and very responsive, yet is very stable and smooth. I can ride all day on her. My frame shares the same main triangle and fork as the 7.5 so should ride very similar.
  • socrates
    Cheers mate. Appreciate it.