Kinesis Racelight 4s (new version of Kinesis TK3)

shaunclaridge
shaunclaridge Posts: 87
edited June 2014 in Road buying advice
I have been doing plenty of research into steel and Ti frames in a view to building a nice looking summer bike that can also be used for long one day rides and also for light touring.

However, everywhere I look the Kinesis lightweight range of Alu bikes are coming up with recommendations and great reviews. For less than £1500 I can get the shimano triple groupset I am after plus really nice spec on all the other components. They have proper mudguards fitting and room for them, and crucially have rear rack mounts.

The Vn Yukon was my alternative but spending a grand less seems very appealing- plus I think they look really nice and are less common than things like the equilibrium and Yukon

Anyone got one of the new 4s models and would care to post a review and pics would be very much appreciated.

http://roadcyclinguk.com/gear/core-bike ... es-4s.html

Comments

• cycleclinic
    cycleclinic Posts: 6,865
    They are very light frames and are very good. cheaper than some carbon frames and to be honest they are tempting.

Tifosi CK7 is another option for a audax style bike that come with a full set of mudguards and rack mounts. There is a triple version for under £1300 with Veloce. Damm good bike but the frame is not as light as the Kensis buy a frame not on a review (those are pointless) buy the one that fits you the best although is the Keneis fits you will be happy.
    http://www.thecycleclinic.co.uk -wheel building and other stuff.
  • derosa
    derosa Posts: 2,819
    Just built up a 4S from frameset using 10 speed 105 that came off my "best' bike when I upgraded that to 11 speed Ultegra. Well happy with the result. Very responsive and brings a smile to my face every time I ride it - which is what it's all about.

Big H

May the road rise up to meet you.
    May the wind always be at your back.
  • hugo15
    hugo15 Posts: 1,101
    I've got a TK3 that is my winter/commuter/wet weather bike. I'm really pleased with it.