custom canyon endurance cf

dean7879
dean7879 Posts: 127
edited June 2014 in Road buying advice
Hi folks. Got my eye on the new Canyon Endurance CF. It looks a beauty but i decided to spruce it up a bit with Photoshop.
I doubt i will be buying Aero wheels, i just grabbed the first bluish wheels of Google.

As you can see it looks a lot better..Well it does to me anyway

Tell me what you think

Before

750yoxhc_zpsc2e8ec3e.jpg

After
canyonbike_zps72417b09.jpg

Comments

• rickeverett
    rickeverett Posts: 988
    how heavy are the sails you have attached?
  • Bozman
    Bozman Posts: 2,518
    The original one looks better, the other one looks like a bike from The Fast and the Furious.
  • dean7879
    Hehe. it wasnt too serious a consideration. was just a bit bored and wondered what it would look like with a bit more blue in. i think the aero wheels are too much :lol:
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    Now why did you go to the trouble of cutting the wheel out behind the chain but leaving it in front of the chainstay!* :lol:

* I promise not to say anything about the calipers though!
    Faster than a tent.......
  • dean7879
    Good eye! it was a test to see who would notice first.

you get first prize :mrgreen:

But seriously, what does one think of the new canyon endurance? Has it tempted others like its tempting me 8)
  • rickeverett
    its tempting yes.

The 105 one will be interesting as the new 105 is virtually Ultegra 6700 and looks better !
    Shame its missing the internal cable on the chainstay - like that.

Its up against the German Rose Xeon CGF Endurance range however and they are lighter with better customisation options (and internals :lol: ).

003.jpg
  • Serious Cat
    Serious Cat Posts: 489
    I think the photoshopped one looks well naff , much prefer the original.
    This serious internet site..............I serious cat
  • dean7879
    the rose bike looks nice. will have to consider that one too :)
  • Miles253
    Miles253 Posts: 535
    its tempting yes.

The 105 one will be interesting as the new 105 is virtually Ultegra 6700 and looks better !

Its up against the German Rose Xeon CGF Endurance range however and they are lighter with better customisation options (and internals :lol: ).

003.jpg

Is that a Matte white? I don't like Rose's shiny paint.

At OP, I don't think it looks that bad, feel the rims are a bit overly deep though :)
    Canyon Roadlite AL-Shamal Wheels-Centaur/Veloce Group
    Canyon Ult CF SL- Spin Koppenberg-Ultegra group
  • ai_1
    ai_1 Posts: 3,060
    Sorry, much prefer the un-blinged original.
    dean7879 wrote:
    ...But seriously, what does one think of the new canyon endurance? Has it tempted others like its tempting me 8)
    Supposed to be pretty similar to the Ultimate CF except for longer seatstays and headtube to give it more stable handling and less aggressive position. So, if the Ultimate CF bikes are anything to go by it should be very good.
  • rickeverett
    Miles253 wrote:
    its tempting yes.

003.jpg

Is that a Matte white? I don't like Rose's shiny paint.

At OP, I don't think it looks that bad, feel the rims are a bit overly deep though :)

Think the Xeon GF and CGF Endurance bikes are all shiny paint apart from the Black Aluminium GF.

Looking on the site they do have some matte options depending on the models.

Personally like shiny paint - easy to clean !
  • FransJacques
    FransJacques Posts: 2,148
    what does "custom" have to do with that? b/c you changed the bar tape?

so if I remove 1 plastic valve cover off my otherwise stock bike, does that make it custom?

no one knows what custom means any more.
    When a cyclist has a disagreement with a car; it's not who's right, it's who's left.
  • ai_1
    ai_1 Posts: 3,060
    ....no one knows what custom means any more.
    Surely you do?
    I'd like to think I do.
    I think you just mean the OP doesn't.

No one knows what no one means any more.........
  • FransJacques
    FransJacques Posts: 2,148
    I know YOU know what custom means, you love your chopped and channeled Model Ts :)
    When a cyclist has a disagreement with a car; it's not who's right, it's who's left.
  • dean7879
    what does "custom" have to do with that? b/c you changed the bar tape?

so if I remove 1 plastic valve cover off my otherwise stock bike, does that make it custom?

no one knows what custom means any more.

oh shut up you tart. i know what custom means, i just used a cheekily misleading title 8)