2008 Orbea Worth It?

stuartfung
stuartfung Posts: 90
edited June 2014 in Road buying advice
Hi folks, trying to get back into road cycling and seen this. Don't want to splash too much cash on first bike but taken to this. Overpriced / about right price?
Cheers all
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2008-ORBEA-AS ... 3ce26ac5d0
Dialled Alpine MK2, Ragley Blue Pig, Giant TCR Carbon Road

Comments

• imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    Way over-priced, by about 50% at a guess. Well worth clicking on the ad though, just to look at the sheer comedy value of the bar/stem/lever setup...
  • gozzy
    gozzy Posts: 640
    I'd be slightly concerned about the broken lever they mention. I'm guessing the thumb shifter has broken off, that's a good few quid extra to spend on a replacement shifter.
  • crescent
    crescent Posts: 1,201
    I don't usually comment on other people's bike set-up, each to their own and all that, but that looks like a rutting stag the way the bars are set up :shock:
    Bianchi ImpulsoBMC Teammachine SLR02 01Trek Domane AL3“When I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair for the future of the human race. “ ~H.G. Wells Edit - "Unless it's a BMX"
  • stuartfung
    stuartfung Posts: 90
    Thanks guys, still on the lookout for a cheap road bike for that occasional recreational ride.
    Dialled Alpine MK2, Ragley Blue Pig, Giant TCR Carbon Road
  • Bobbinogs
    Bobbinogs Posts: 4,841
    You can get very good Spesh Allezs off ebay for around £300. Some are not that old (certainly not 2008) and have only been ridden twice before the rider discovered that cycling could be hard work. Like all things, it is buyer beware though.
  • ai_1
    ai_1 Posts: 3,060
    I'd worry about that ad on the basis of the mad handlebar setup, the fact the title has "Giant Pinarello" tagged onto it for no apparent reason and that there's a broken gear lever that hasn't bothered the owner. Also he says "hardly been used by myself". This is very different from saying it's hardly been used.