Castelli Pocket Liner Jacket Sizing.

relanium
relanium Posts: 487
edited June 2014 in Road buying advice
Thinking about purchasing the "Castelli Pocket Liner Jacket", but need some help with the sizing if possible please, I'm 5' 11", 32" waist, 37-38" chest, weigh 65kg.
Any help would be much appreciated, Thanks.

Comments

• thegreatdivide
    thegreatdivide Posts: 5,807
    I’m 171cm, 38” chest (broad shoulders), 29” waist and about 66kg – so a bit like Gerrans without the power (although I do like to suck the wheel in front ;-))

I just took delivery of three ‘race fit’ rain jackets in a medium size to take into account said race fit and Italian sizing– Castelli Pocket Liner, Santini Guard 365 (Gerrans again!) and a Rapha Pro Team Race Cape.

The Santini is too long (and I have a long body) a tad too wide around the waist and the neck was really wide – so rain will get in. It was definitely ‘packable’ though. Also the added pockets on the back are a big bonus.

The Rapha is spot on – lightweight, rolls up nicely, race fit, well-constructed, fancy touches like the wrist zips and it’s most definitely race cut. No pockets on the back though.

The Castelli is HUGE!!! The arms are ridiculously long (an extra hands worth), I could fit a winter jersey, jacket and heavy base layer underneath and still have room. But aside for that it’s anything but packable, you’d probably wreck a jersey pocket trying to stuff it in, the construction looks a bit too ‘handmade’, the side zips look like they’ll cause damage to the arms and from what I can see there’s no proper way of tucking the bum flap inside. I was really hoping the Pocket Liner was going to be the best of the three but it’s ended up being that worst. I could try a size down but tbh it has too many cons against it.

I chose the Rapha. If it had pockets it would be a serious weapon.
  • relanium
    relanium Posts: 487
    How does the Rapha Pro Team Race Cape perform in heavy downpours, I'm looking for something that will keep me dry when it's raining really heavy.
  • thegreatdivide
    thegreatdivide Posts: 5,807
    I'll find out over the next few days! But reviews have been very positive - it's not a flimsy wee shower jacket. FWIW I also have a Rapha Rain Jacket that gets deployed in the colder months. It's a superb item and it's still keeping me dry after three winters of use, but it's not race cut and it's a wee bit too bulky as well.