Suntour raidon air servicing

Peter_t
Peter_t Posts: 3
edited June 2014 in MTB workshop & tech
Hi, iv had this fork for over a year with no maintenance, just kept the stanchions clean an lubed.
Not being the best fork in the world i can't justify the expence of having them serviced when im sure its something i could do myself. Problem is i can't find a manual for them :(

Can anyone help? Even just what oil to put where would be great.

Many thanks

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    All on sr suntours website, doing a basic split and service is dead easy on the Raidons, as the upper seals are considered a slightly weak link it's worth doing to make sure stuff isn't getting past them and to remove anything that has.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Peter_t
    Peter_t Posts: 3
    Cheers Rookie, had problems opening the file but that was windows 8's fault.
    Im suprised to find that there is only grease in the lowers as standard and oil is optional?
  • The Rookie
    It only lubricates the uppers sliding in the bushes, grease creates more friction but gives better protection when cheaper bushing and seal materials are used. I would use 'red rubber' grease as it's super tacky, water proof, and provides a decent reduction in sliding friction over some other greases. Never use a lithium grease.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • crispy1980
    crispy1980 Posts: 310
    To jump in on this I can't seem to find a seal kit anywhere? My mate,wants me to service his. There the ones from a voodoo bizango, cheers, chris
  • The Rookie
    Not sure anyone does a kit for them, most people will just replace if the seals have gone.
  • crispy1980
    crispy1980 Posts: 310
    That's seems crazy, no other seals fit?