Moser 111 - sizing

Cyclum
Cyclum Posts: 104
edited May 2014 in Road buying advice
I'm going to treat myself to a nice road bike for my 20 mile commute and other solo journeys as my current bike has become a bit 'practical' fitted with panniers/brackets/child carriers etc.

I'm very interested in the Moser 111 105 but I'm a bit confused about the size frame to get and I can't get through to someone in customer service.

I'm female (I'm not sure if that makes a difference)
Height: 5' 6" - 5' 7"
Inside leg: 31"
Arm (armpit to wrist): 29"

And I want the option not to have too aggressive a setup as it will be used largely for commuting to work.

I've looked on the wiggle size guide and I'm somewhere between two sizes. Looking at the Q&A someone with similar (but not the same) measurements was advised to get a different bike... Which is why I'd like to double check before placing my order.

Thanks.

Comments

• geoffh73
    geoffh73 Posts: 85
    I have one of theses, I'm 6ft 1 with 32 inside leg and got the 56cm.
    It came with a 130mm stem and I found it stretched so changed it for a 110mm.
    What type of bike do you ride now? I rode a Merida ride lite before this and one of the first things I noticed was how much lower the bars are on the Moser. I have a saddle to bar drop of 8cm.

Geoff
  • Cyclum
    Cyclum Posts: 104
    My current bike is a hybrid - but I needed a bike that could easily pull a trailer/panniers. It's a good workhorse but doesn't really cut it on longer solo rides.

I've tried a few bikes with dropped handlebars so I know I'll be ok with that but I think I'll be more comfortable with a slightly more relaxed setup.

After a bit of research I'm tempted to go go the smaller frame (50cm) but it just sounds so small.