Tiagra shifter

mike barnwell
mike barnwell Posts: 8
edited May 2014 in Road general
I'm after a 9 speed left hand tiagra shifter, working or faulty. One of the tiny international parts in mine has sheared off and shimano don't sell spares so I need a donor! Thanks

Comments

• night_porter
    night_porter Posts: 888
    I think you will find that the left hand shifter is either 2 speed or 3 speed so you need to specify which one you want.
  • gozzy
    gozzy Posts: 640
    And try the correct forum instead of posting the same thread across the boards. You want to be looking in the classifieds.
  • southdownswolf
    southdownswolf Posts: 1,525
    Have you looked on the Shimano technical documents to identify your broken part? Then have a look at Madison.

http://www.madison.co.uk/products/cycli ... ano-spares
  • Initialised
    Initialised Posts: 3,047
    I'm after a 9 speed left hand tiagra shifter, working or faulty. One of the tiny international parts in mine has sheared off and shimano don't sell spares so I need a donor! Thanks

Which country was it from?

[/auto correct troll]

My LBS (KB Cycles btw) sold me an internal part, roller for the brake cable, they had a full parts and prices list for all current shifters. So yes, Shimano do sell spares, identify the part (or remove it and take it with you) and go to your LBS, they will be able to source it. Having a diagram showing exactly which part you need is useful if you haven't pulled it out. Alternatively they may offer to sell you a used shifter.
    I used to just ride my bike to work but now I find myself going out looking for bigger and bigger hills.