Best cheap base layers

Mattlufcbell
Mattlufcbell Posts: 15
edited May 2014 in Road buying advice
I'm looking for some sleeveless base layers, that are not ridiculously expensive, to keep me warm.

Thanks fellas.

Comments

• gethinceri
    gethinceri Posts: 1,643
    Craft mesh. About 15.00
  • Got one of these the other week. Proper impressed I was!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/D2D-Sleeveles ... 19ecbe73df

Craft and Castelli do similar. They are not just summer cooling base layers either. They do keep you warmer in slightly cooler weather. Worn mine quite a few times now in slightly cooler/damp conditions and they make a difference.
  • DiscoBoy
    DiscoBoy Posts: 905
    A sleeveless top to keep you warm seems an odd choice. Sleeveless layers are not normally designed for warmth...
    Red bikes are the fastest.
  • If a sleeveless top is not designed for warmth what does a gilet do then?
    With variable weather at the moment a sleeveless baselayer makes sense to me for both wicking and warmth.
  • hanhamreds
    hanhamreds Posts: 100
    Tenn.

Amazon and halfrauds sell them.
  • Well, my torso with the mesh vest over it was noticeably warmer than my arms, which had THERMAL arm warmers covering them. At the end of the day, mesh vests trap pockets of air between the jersey and your skin. Air is a great insulator, so heat transfer either way will be reduced. Well, that my explanation anyway! :P
  • giant_man
    giant_man Posts: 6,878
    prendas or vanguard, both make good cheap base layers
  • Recently bought a sleeveless base layer in Aldi, has a windproof front panel and mesh rear panel, great bit of kit for £9.99.