Sensa Calabria road bike limited edition.

ademort
ademort Posts: 1,924
edited May 2014 in Road buying advice
Hi all
Have seen the above bike on special offer at Merlin http://www.merlincycles.com/sensa-calab ... 3c2085d72d

For the price it looks a steal. Does anyone on BR have any experience with this bike, thoughts comments welcome.
ademort
Chinarello, record and Mavic Cosmic Sl
Gazelle Vuelta , veloce
Giant Defy 4
Mirage Columbus SL
Batavus Ventura

Comments

• jezbikes
    jezbikes Posts: 1
    Hi there,

First post for me, but it happens I have one of those bikes. I was looking for something in the price range and it just happened to be exactly the right size for me - I normally ride a 52 and it fits me like a glove. To be honest I love it, it's a fantastic, racy ride and a good weight at 8kg as standard. The frame is stiff and transfers power really well and the ultegra kit is great. I think the wheels are pretty good too - sure there are lighter hoops out there but for the price of the whole bike you are getting these for virtually nothing. Being a 58 they are quite deep but I find they roll very nicely and have stayed good and true. It's not a relaxed sportive geometry if that's what you are after but I've ridden sportives on in with no lack of comfort.

Overall, for the money I think it's a pretty hard package to beat! But it is an ISP and so you'd need to make sure you get the sizing spot on. I travelled to Merlin to pick mine up and they cut it for me. Anyway, I love mine and have enjoyed every mile on it.

HTH

Jez
  • ademort
    ademort Posts: 1,924
    I,ve ordered online size 50 will fit after i,ve cut the ISP. Have cut ISP frames before so no problem. Have looked at Ribble and Planet X but really cant see anything beating this for price/quality.Hope i,m as happy with mine as you are with yours.
    ademort
    Chinarello, record and Mavic Cosmic Sl
    Gazelle Vuelta , veloce
    Giant Defy 4
    Mirage Columbus SL
    Batavus Ventura