Hi new to here

moliveuk
moliveuk Posts: 9
edited May 2014 in MTB beginners
Hi everyone,

I have decided to get back into mountain biking,as use to bmx and mountain bike, been 10 years since use to do it when I was young teenager. Now since been out of the biking world for long time, looking for a decent mountain bike. Been looking at full suspension, hardtail, 29ers. But then I do want to hit some big trails and get start DH.
Need something that can get me to work, and then on days off hit some trails, plus get my fitness back to what uses to be (riding 20 miles a day on weekend)

Been looking at a variate off bike and want to know what's peoples through on the ".cube hanz pro 2014)? I know it's and entry level bike for the type of bike. What's the handling, comfort, pedalling up/ down. And what's your throughts on the forks and shock.

Frame HPA Ultralight, Advanced Hydroform, FSP 4-Link, ISCG mount, X12
Fork Rock Shox Domain R Coil, 20mm Maxle, 180mm
Rear Shock Fox VAN R, 216x64mm, Preload and Rebound adjustable
Chainset Race Face Chester 24/38/Bash
Chainrings 24/38
Cassette Not Specified
Chain Device Not Specified
Bottom Bracket Not Specified
Chain Not Specified
Front Hub CUBE FR 110x20mm, 32H
Rear Hub CUBE FR 142x12mm, 32H
Front Derailleur Shimano Deore FD-M610, Top Swing
Rear Derailleur Shimano XT, RD-M786-GSL, ShadowPlus, medium cage, 10-speed
Front Brake Formula RC hydr. Discbrake (203/180mm)
Rear Brake Formula RC hydr. Discbrake (203/180mm)
Brake Levers Formula RC
Pedals This Cube mountain bike does not come with pedals
Handlebars SPANK Spike Evo 777
Stem SPANK Spike 50mm, 31.8mm
Headset Cane Creek 40.ZS49 | 40.EC49\30, top zero-stack 1 1/2" ? 1 1/8", bottom 1 1/2" external cup w/ reducer cone
Grips CUBE Fritzz Grip, 2-clamp
Saddle SDG Fly RL
Seatpost CUBE Performance 31.6*400mm
Rims Alex FR30 Disc 32H
Front Tyre Schwalbe Magic Mary 2.35
Rear Tyre Schwalbe Magic Mary 2.35
Shifters Shimano Deore SL-M610-I Rapidfire-Plus

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    That's not going to make a very good commuter. At all.
    It's a rather hefty freeride bike, not something I'd want to pedal up too many hills.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • moliveuk
    moliveuk Posts: 9
    Well, wouldn't be commenting every day to work, still want to be a lazy g!t, most of all need a good trail blazer. And gather this is more of a down hiller, but what's your thoughts on Cube frittz? Or sting 29er
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    What sort of trails?
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    If you want a 'big' bike' then why not get a cheap commuting hack, you can pick up something reasonable used for circa £150 and then have something suitable, cycling (nearly) every day is a great way to get fit faster for the weekend rides you then enjoy more!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Long_Time_Lurker
    Long_Time_Lurker Posts: 1,068
    Hi also new here,
    Just got my new bike and was wondering if some could tell me where can I get parts for my Trek Mountain bike. Like new break system and suspension for the front wheels.

Hi to both of you and welcome to the forum.

Post the specs of the bike you have now and where you ride.
    It might not be advantageous changing all of that stuff now - it may be cheaper to replace bits as they wear out.
    (For example, I would like to change some bits on my bike, but it's coping fine at the moment - upgrading my current forks would cost the best part of £700. It's not worth it for the riding that I am doing at the moment.)
    2007 Felt Q720 (the ratbike)
    2012 Cube Ltd SL (the hardtail XC 26er)
    2014 Lapierre Zesty TR 329 (the full-sus 29er)
  • buddy_club
    buddy_club Posts: 935
    Hi also new here,
    Just got my new bike and was wondering if some could tell me where can I get parts for my Trek Mountain bike. Like new break system and suspension for the front wheels.

Hi to both of you and welcome to the forum.

Post the specs of the bike you have now and where you ride.
    It might not be advantageous changing all of that stuff now - it may be cheaper to replace bits as they wear out.
    (For example, I would like to change some bits on my bike, but it's coping fine at the moment - upgrading my current forks would cost the best part of £700. It's not worth it for the riding that I am doing at the moment.)
    Seems like spam from the first one, pigeon English auto spammer, scans the page for topics mentioned so it looks real. Maybe im being cynical but....
    Framebuilder
    Handbuilt Steel 29er https://goo.gl/RYSbaa
    Carbon Stumpjumper https://goo.gl/xJNFcv
    Parkwood:http://goo.gl/Gf8xkL
    Ribble Gran Fondo https://goo.gl/ZpTFXz
    Triban:http://goo.gl/v63FBB