What good helmet?

2»

Comments

• Depends on your budget. I rate the Lazer Genisis. The adjuster on the top of the helmet is the easiest i've used, and they look great.
  • amycollins
    amycollins Posts: 68
    I have tried LOADS of helmets..

Giro aeon
    Lazer 02/helium
    Specialized prevail
    KasK K10
    Catlike whisper
    Las Victory Ltd

All trying to get the nicest fit/look/aero/coolness.

I would say overall id go for LAS victory ltd or SPECIALIZED prevail.
    Both are an amazing fit, no 'mushroom' and look brilliant. Plus i always see the prevail as being the 'Mustang' of helmets because of the huge air intake at the front.
    They can both be picked up pretty cheap nowadays:

LAS victory ltd: Halfords (i know) £85
    Specialized prevail: New £160... BikeRadar forums: £50/£100

Happy hunting :)
    It never gets easier, You just go faster!
  • neeb
    neeb Posts: 4,471
    Bell Gage for me. Similar but subtly different fit from the Giro Aeon, otherwise similar weight/ventilation. Crashed one already so I know it works.. ;-) Replaced it with one in the new red/white/black "draft" colour scheme which I think looks pretty good, basically a red version of the current Belkin helmet.
  • SpainSte
    SpainSte Posts: 181
    Catlike Whisper Deluxe here.

Fits very well and adjustable, extremely well ventilated which helps with the heat here. Only problem I have with it is that the straps cant be removed to be washed which has led to a build up of the post sweat crystal thingies.
    Other than that its great!
  • drlodge
    drlodge Posts: 4,826
    No helmet I've seen has removable straps, the ones on my Bontrager Circuit helmet have got quite slippery with sweat, may be I should try and hand wash them...that'll be the fettling for tonight then :wink:
    WyndyMilla Massive Attack | Rourke 953 | Condor Italia 531 Pro | Boardman CX Pro | DT Swiss RR440 Tubeless Wheels
    Find me on Strava
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,718
    drlodge wrote:
    Now I couldn't see it in the british cycling wiggle shop to get some extra discount so I wondered if I could frig the system...added the helmet to my wiggle basket, went to BC wiggle shop and added another item to that basket and proceeded to check out. Flipped back to the wiggle shop and there's a "Wiggle Reward Saving" of £14.40 applied...the helmet is mine for £105.60!!!
    Nice fiddle, I'll remember that. I looked at the BC shop and saw it wasn't listed so didn't try. I did get a tenner off at Sigma Sport as they had a sale on though.
  • drlodge
    drlodge Posts: 4,826
    Actually the discount must have been £8.40 (£114-105.60), which is 7.368% discount :?: , or 7% off the original £120 price.
    WyndyMilla Massive Attack | Rourke 953 | Condor Italia 531 Pro | Boardman CX Pro | DT Swiss RR440 Tubeless Wheels
    Find me on Strava
  • t4tomo
    t4tomo Posts: 2,643
    cratoni helmets on CRC are very good value and nice helmets, very light, great airflow and look decent. Bit of a cheaper alternative to the Mojito and Aeons etc
    Bianchi Infinito CV
    Bianchi Via Nirone 7 Ultegra
    Brompton S Type
    Carrera Vengeance Ultimate Ltd
    Gary Fisher Aquila '98
    Front half of a Viking Saratoga Tandem