great news the red and white 2014 colnago clx 3.0 sold out

radiation man
radiation man Posts: 446
edited May 2014 in Road buying advice
the dream bike i wanted has sold out already, guess ill just have to upgrade my 54 trek 1.5, at least my threaded bottom bracket wont creak like the carbon frames do, if thats any consolation,

Comments

• napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    Upgrade it to a 52 Trek 1.5!
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    I hate it when that happens. You finally decide on what you want and before you know it a year later and it has sold out!
    Faster than a tent.......
  • It wasn't your size anyhow
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • Calpol
    Calpol Posts: 1,039
    Ah never mind. At least you can keep the forums going by starting a new thread for every alternative you consider over the next few weeks.
  • dilatory
    dilatory Posts: 565
    Odd isn't it. Finally in the position to buy a new bike and I'm finding the whole thing stressful!
  • darkhairedlord
    darkhairedlord Posts: 7,180
    2015 models out soon, probably only in white and red though.
  • ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,310
    Radiation man, may I suggest you keep using one single thread for all your questions regarding Colnago frames? Less mess...
    left the forum March 2023
  • antonyfromoz
    antonyfromoz Posts: 482
    http://www.sigmasport.co.uk/item/Colnag ... 8K?wmp=422

Colnago 2014 red and white clx 3.0 With Ultegra in 52cm frame size in stock - please buy it now and stop these threads filling up the forum :D

Edit- just seen you need a 48 cm frame, these are available for pre-order at the same shop apparently...
  • mrushton
    mrushton Posts: 5,182
    Given that the op has had this thread and others running for so long now I don't think he really wants a solution just some friends to talk to :)
    M.Rushton
  • darkhairedlord
    mrushton wrote:
    Given that the op has had this thread and others running for so long now I don't think he really wants a solution just some friends to talk to :)

it is entertaining though.
  • nochekmate
    nochekmate Posts: 3,460
    mrushton wrote:

it is entertaining though.

A matter of opinion of course - about time the mods binned his threads
  • ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,310
    While I can't stop the OP from opening a legitimate thread, I can advise it that maybe this is getting a bit ridiculous, hoping he gets the message. :wink:
    left the forum March 2023
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    While I can't stop the OP from opening a legitimate thread, I can advise it that maybe this is getting a bit ridiculous, hoping he gets the message. :wink:

So what happens if he opens a new thread with yet another 'legitimate' Colnago CLX 3 question tomorrow? :wink:
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    Of course, the OP could always buy a bike that wasn't red and white and get the colour scheme changed. It wouldn't even need to be repainted; I know someone who knows a great place to get some decals done.
    Faster than a tent.......
  • darkhairedlord
    Imposter wrote:

So what happens if he opens a new thread with yet another 'legitimate' Colnago CLX 3 question tomorrow? :wink:

it'll probably be about a 2015 model in blue and white.
    Then asking about removing spacers getting the bars level with the saddle.
  • marcusjb
    marcusjb Posts: 2,412
    I will happily put together a kickstarter to help fund a red and white Colnago clx in 48cm size, even if I have to fly to Italy and weave the carbon fibre myself if it just makes this incessant noise disappear.
  • dilatory
    dilatory Posts: 565
    marcusjb wrote:
    I will happily put together a kickstarter to help fund a red and white Colnago clx in 48cm size, even if I have to fly to Italy and weave the carbon fibre myself if it just makes this incessant noise disappear.

Hm. Is that all it takes? *heads to the new thread button*
  • marcusjb
    marcusjb Posts: 2,412
    dilatory wrote:
    marcusjb wrote:

Hm. Is that all it takes? *heads to the new thread button*

Hit it about 3 times a day, for at least a year, and I will consider your case.
  • darkhairedlord
    can the OP post his trek 1.5 in the "your road bike" section?
    If the OP is going to post any Q's about making the trek fit picture of him on it might help!