Which Assos Bibshorts for Skinny Legs

Phil Earl
Phil Earl Posts: 27
edited May 2014 in Road buying advice
I have an old pair of Assos Uno Bibshorts(medium) which fit fine but have found that a new pair delivered today have a wider gripper band on the legs so are not suitable. Presumably average Swiss and Germans are getting fatter!

I really like the old shorts and wonder if any other Assos bibs have a slimmer cut. I'm 5ft10in and 11 stone.

Any suggestions gratefully received.

Cheers

Phil

Comments

• northpole
    northpole Posts: 1,499
    You haven't stated which version you recently bought however, from the recently superseded range, the Uno and T FI.13_s5 are both quite race fit compared with the Mille which can feel a more generous fit. I'm not sure about the new S7 Assos range of shorts.

Peter
  • Phil Earl
    Thanks Peter - I bought the Uno S5 again but the legs are definitely wider at the bottom. Maybe I could try the F1.13?
  • Speckled
    Speckled Posts: 97
    The s7 equipe are a nice tight fit on the legs :)
  • Phil Earl
    Cheers Speckled!
  • bisoner
    bisoner Posts: 171
    I also have the S7 equipe. I'm 71kgs and 6ft tall. Nice and tight fit on my skinny legs so should be perfect.

You could also consider the cheaper S2 bibs on the Assos Outlet store. They grip nice and tight too.
  • Phil Earl
    Thanks Bisoner. Will check the Assos website.
  • Phil Earl
    Bisoner - the S2 looked just the ticket so have ordered a pair. Decent price too so thanks for the advice!!

Phil
  • in-rainbows
    in-rainbows Posts: 46
    I'm roughly same height and weight as you and recently bought medium S7 equipe. They fit quite well, but I feel I could have gotten away with a small.
  • designman
    designman Posts: 405
    Just been looking at the S2 on the "Assos Outlet Store" website, look really good for the price, can anyone help me on what size I would need to order please.
    I am 5' 11", 32 inch waist, 37 inch chest, weigh 65kg.
    Any help would be much appreciated, Thanks.
  • I'm 5'11" tall, 81kg, 34" waist, 42" chest and the large fir perfectly.....hope that's some help?