Boardman Bikes rubbish customer service

tomgag
tomgag Posts: 170
edited April 2014 in Road buying advice
Just to let every know that Boardman Bikes has got customer service at the same level as Ryanair. I emailed them as some crack (either paint or frame) appeared and they never bothered to replay.

You do not expect this kind of treatment from any company, do you?

I even prompted them on their Facebook and still nothing.

Comments

• Serious Cat
    Serious Cat Posts: 489
    tomgag wrote:
    Just to let every know that Boardman Bikes has got customer service at the same level as Ryanair. I emailed them as some crack (either paint or frame) appeared and they never bothered to replay.

You do not expect this kind of treatment from any company, do you?

I even prompted them on their Facebook and still nothing.

Replay what ?
    This serious internet site..............I serious cat
  • tomgag
    Mate, I have a one year old frame under warranty with crack and it is enough for any company to advise what should I do and if it safe to use it.
  • Grill
    Grill Posts: 5,610
    Your first point of contact should always be the retailer (Halfords?). Of course you could have found that out yourself if you'd have bothered to read their website...
    Please note: all warranty or service issues are dealt with directly by the retailer / distribution company. Please use the contact details found under Customer Service to the right, or visit their website for further contact details.
    English Cycles V3 | Cervelo P5 | Cervelo T4 | Trek Domane Koppenberg
  • tomgag wrote:
    and if it safe to use it.

Common sence should sort that little problem out….
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • tomgag
    That was done already...we all know Halfords....i was told to contact Boardman as well. So there you go.
  • russyh
    russyh Posts: 1,375
    As said above you need to take it back to the retailer, they will deal with the waranty claim. Boardman bike are good value, the downside is you have to deal with halfords, you can't have the penny and the bun....
  • tomgag
    I did talked to Halfords, they checked the frame and their guess was as good as mine. They asked me to contact Boardman as well.

Halfords were brill and can not say anything aganist them..
  • nathancom
    nathancom Posts: 1,567
    How did it get a crack after a year. Did you crash the bike?
  • russyh
    russyh Posts: 1,375
    tomgag wrote:
    I did talked to Halfords, they checked the frame and their guess was as good as mine. They asked me to contact Boardman as well.

Apart from they should of dealt with the warranty claim properly! They should send the frame back to boardman for inspection/processing.
  • Grill
    Grill Posts: 5,610
    Did you bother phoning them?
    If you would like to speak to a Boardman customer service team member, please email them at: customer.services@halfords.co.uk or call: 08450 579 000. Please include 'Boardman Bikes' in the subject title bar - it will ensure a priority response.
    English Cycles V3 | Cervelo P5 | Cervelo T4 | Trek Domane Koppenberg
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    tomgag wrote:

If Halfords were brill, why are they getting you to waste your time by contacting Boardman when they should be doing all that?
    Faster than a tent.......
  • antsmithmk
    antsmithmk Posts: 717
    Spellcheck broken along with the bike?
  • antsmithmk wrote:
    Spellcheck broken along with the bike?

Nah - just cacked :wink:
    "Get a bicycle. You won't regret it if you live"
    Mark Twain