new bike

cremator
cremator Posts: 99
edited April 2014 in Road beginners
hi just picked up my new bike trying to put pic on but wont seem to do do it anyway its a cannondale caad8 my first road bike.one thing i have found is that when in the work stand and i pedal the crank forward the whole of the rear casette seems to move in and out when it starts to free wheel like they are floating in and out on what ever they are atched to should this happen on is somethink loose or twisted many thanks

Comments

• smoggysteve
    smoggysteve Posts: 2,909
    Open a photobucket account if you want to share pics.

As for the cassette, what speed is it i.e 10 or 11? The spacer may be missing making the cassette move about on the freehub. I guess as soon as you get a pic up we can see.
  • dj58
    dj58 Posts: 2,217
    If you have the correct tool check that the cassette lock ring is tight. Can you slide the cassette back and forth along the freehub body, as stated above could be a spacer missing. If neither of the above could be the tolerances in the hub/freehub. If you purchased the bike from an LBS go back and query it with them.
  • cremator
    its a 2x 10 speed no you cant move the cassette back and fourth it only floats when pedaling forward went to lbs and they said they all do that are they [url=righthttp://www.cyclesuk.com/10493750/products/cannondale-caad8-105-2014-blue.aspx]righthttp://www.cyclesuk.com/10493750/p ... -blue.aspx[/url] this is the bike
  • dj58
    Well I have one that does the same thing, it's 20 odd years old mind but still runs ok with no problems gear shifting. Does it shift gear correctly and run without making any extraneous noise? Contact cyclesuk.com and explain your concern, if they say it is ok to use, tell them that if it gets any worse and starts giving you problems you expect them to replace the freehub, hub or wheel, or pay for you to get it fixed at your LBS. BTW the link to cyclesuk.com did not work, is it a CAAD8 105 2014?
  • cremator
    yes it changes up down smooth and yes it is that model many thanks
  • dj58
    You're welcome, nice bike BTW, enjoy it.