Spinergy Xaero and Garmin speed magnet.??

white/blue flash
white/blue flash Posts: 49
edited April 2014 in Road beginners
Hi peeps, as above really has anyone got a set of these wheels with the PBO spokes. If so how did you attach the magnet to the spoke..

Regards

Lee :mrgreen::mrgreen:

Comments

• cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    Do you need a magnet with the garmin ? Isn't the gps good enough ?
  • Not really no...But I have found away of doing it with a rare earth magnet and a tiny bit of epoxy resin...works a treat....
  • larkim
    larkim Posts: 2,474
    Not really no
    So GPS-based speed measurements are more accurate than measuring the number of rotations of a flexible disc which will have a varying circumference due to local air pressure, minor deflations, road surface friction, measurement errors etc etc?

(I know GPS has similar issues, but really - how accurate do you need to be??)
    2015 Canyon Nerve AL 6.0 (son #1's)
    2011 Specialized Hardrock Sport Disc (son #4s)
    2013 Decathlon Triban 3 (red) (mine)
    2019 Hoy Bonaly 26" Disc (son #2s)
    2018 Voodoo Bizango (mine)
    2018 Voodoo Maji (wife's)
  • slowbike
    slowbike Posts: 8,498
    larkim wrote:
    Not really no
    So GPS-based speed measurements are more accurate than measuring the number of rotations of a flexible disc which will have a varying circumference due to local air pressure, minor deflations, road surface friction, measurement errors etc etc?

(I know GPS has similar issues, but really - how accurate do you need to be??)

Depends where you ride - if riding in an area with lots of tall buildings then the GPS accuracy is diminished - it can also be less accurate when riding through woods (even on the road). The Speed/Cadence sensor sorts this out and also gives you a way of measuring effort on a turbo ...

It's not critical, but when it does cadence as well it's nice.