Which one to buy

Mootanclan
Mootanclan Posts: 63
edited April 2014 in Cyclocross
I am looking at chopping in my MTB and getting a cyclocross. I am looking at three bikes that have caught my eye not much difference in the spec. Sora or 105 the bikes are either

Specialized Tricross Sport Disc C2 2014 Cyclocross Bike
or
Cannondale CAADX Disc 5 105 2014 Cyclocross Bike
or
Specialized Tricross Elite Disc C2 2014 Cyclocross Bike

Does anyone have any of these to point me in the right direction as your feedback would be great
Cube Peleton Race 2013
Cube cross race cx 2016

I have a cycling problem work gets in the way!!!

Comments

• Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    The CAADX would be my choice.
  • Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    Planet-X XLS for £999 - you're paying £250 premium just for the brand on the others as well as an inferior frame
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • Planet x don't do my size :(
    Cube Peleton Race 2013
    Cube cross race cx 2016

• Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    You sure? Cross bikes size up differently to road bikes.
  • I'm 6"6
    Cube Peleton Race 2013
    Cube cross race cx 2016

• I've just bought a Norco Threshold A1 Alloy.....love it! This was my first cross bike (still ride road and mtb). I thought about the Planet X Bike, but I wasn't really bothered about a carbon frame, plus their customer service is shocking.
  • After having another look at planet x the website says 59xl upto 6"6 so maybe worth a look
    Cube Peleton Race 2013
    Cube cross race cx 2016

• I have now made my mind up and i am ordering the planet x bike but i need advice what size stem would be best for me
    Cube Peleton Race 2013
    Cube cross race cx 2016

• I need some more advice with the planet x not having mudguard eyelets which is the best clip on type to get and do the job properly
    Cube Peleton Race 2013
    Cube cross race cx 2016

• mattsccm
    mattsccm Posts: 409
    You won't know which set of guards to but until you see the fork.
    My carbon fork on my On One (planet X) Pickenflick had no hole up the steerer. The only way to make a guard fit was to cable tie around the fork. I wasn't prepared to drill the sealed end underneath. At the bottom I made rubber straps and bolted to those. Fitting around the disc mount can be fun and unpredictable until you offer things up. Consider mounting the stays above the disc mount. You can't see both sides at once!
    At the back p clips work or as I use the little plastic clips that come with rear lights.