Build an on line training plan

secretsam
secretsam Posts: 5,098
edited March 2014 in Road beginners
Is there a way to do this, cheaply and simply?? I think Mercx's advice to just "ride your bike" may not be enough in my case :lol:

It's just a hill. Get over it.

Comments

• nuggiebok
    nuggiebok Posts: 63
    Go to the library. There are loads of books available. I hired a triathlon training manual, copied the training schedules and returned it.
  • Initialised
    Initialised Posts: 3,047
    edited March 2014
    I used to just ride my bike to work but now I find myself going out looking for bigger and bigger hills.
  • secretsam

??Link not working??

• me-109
    me-109 Posts: 1,915
    Then copy in the rest of it, including the 'pdf' bit.
  • giant_man
    giant_man Posts: 6,878
    lol, good grief .....
  • larkim
    larkim Posts: 2,474
    Training plans are there a-plenty for runners, so why not for riders? Some people (myself included) would appreciate some structure which encouraged / nagged them to get out and ride in a certain way with perhaps a goal of (say) 20 miles in 1 hour or similar. I suppose the difference is that runners get obsessed with "races" whereas cyclists do less of that.
    2015 Canyon Nerve AL 6.0 (son #1's)
    2011 Specialized Hardrock Sport Disc (son #4s)
    2013 Decathlon Triban 3 (red) (mine)
    2019 Hoy Bonaly 26" Disc (son #2s)
    2018 Voodoo Bizango (mine)
    2018 Voodoo Maji (wife's)
  • herzog
    herzog Posts: 197
    larkim wrote:
    ... I suppose the difference is that runners get obsessed with "races" whereas cyclists do less of that.

You think? Nobody told me :wink:
  • Initialised
    Initialised Posts: 3,047
    Herzog wrote:
    larkim wrote:
    ... I suppose the difference is that runners get obsessed with "races" whereas cyclists do less of that.

You think? Nobody told me :wink:

I always thought it was so personal trainers had something to charge extra for!
    I used to just ride my bike to work but now I find myself going out looking for bigger and bigger hills.
  • secretsam
    Me-109 wrote:
    Then copy in the rest of it, including the 'pdf' bit.

I get a "404"

• slowbike
    slowbike Posts: 8,498
    pm me your email address I'll send it over.
  • Sprool
    Sprool Posts: 1,022
    here's the whole link broken down into 3 sections, you have to enter it all in one line into your browser nav window:
    http://www.etapemercia.co.uk/images/PDFs/
    SCOTT%20Sports%20Sportive%2012%20week%
    20Plan%20(6-8hr)%20(2).pdf
  • nuggiebok
    I get bad request, invalid url
  • dork_knight
    dork_knight Posts: 405
    Seems to work for me, are you copying and pasting the whole address into your browser?
    http://www.etapemercia.co.uk/images/PDFs/SCOTT%20Sports%20Sportive%2012%20week%20Plan%20(6-8hr)%20(2).pdf

The path of my life is strewn with cowpats from the devil's own satanic herd.
  • nuggiebok
    I had copied it all and it didnt work, but I've just copied your version and it worked....strange!
  • secretsam
    nuggiebok wrote:
    I had copied it all and it didnt work, but I've just copied your version and it worked....strange!

Ditto - now sorted - many thanks!