This made me chuckle ,but i hope its not your bike!

Hollow-legs
Hollow-legs Posts: 142
edited March 2014 in Road general
While looking for a new winter/ turbo trainer bike on e-bay this morning ,i came across this little gem ,i had a good chuckle at the listing :lol:

But in hindsight it not that funny if it was my bike and the husband culprit!I hope its not a member of this forum? Sorry :oops: :oops:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mens-speciali ... 258a931ddf

Comments

• tim000
    tim000 Posts: 718
    im live 5 miles down the road . might have to bid :D
  • damocles10
    damocles10 Posts: 340
    report it!!
  • nunowoolmez
    nunowoolmez Posts: 865
    Poor love, the dude sounds like a right douche. Nothing i hate more than men who cheat on their partners. Hope she does well with the sale
  • mattsaw
    mattsaw Posts: 907
    I think that's a rather cunning way to get the views and bids up on an auction ;)
    Bianchi C2C - Ritte Bosberg - Cervelo R3
    Strava
  • awavey
    awavey Posts: 2,368
    cash only...right :roll:
  • TakeTurns
    TakeTurns Posts: 1,075
    Wouldn't be surprised if she finds a date out of it.
  • chris_bass
    chris_bass Posts: 4,913
    Mattsaw wrote:
    I think that's a rather cunning way to get the views and bids up on an auction ;)

definitely, and it seems to be working
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes
  • mr_evil
    mr_evil Posts: 234
    awavey wrote:
    If you sell something on eBay as collection only and you accept PayPal, then a buyer can collect the item then demand a refund for non-delivery. Since you can't prove that the buyer actually collected, PP will refund them, and you're left with no item and no money. Therefore sensible sellers insist on cash.
  • awavey
    awavey Posts: 2,368
    Mr Evil wrote:
    awavey wrote:
    If you sell something on eBay as collection only and you accept PayPal, then a buyer can collect the item then demand a refund for non-delivery. Since you can't prove that the buyer actually collected, PP will refund them, and you're left with no item and no money. Therefore sensible sellers insist on cash.

a sensible seller would draw up a legally binding sale of notice document the buyer signs before wandering off with the goods, in such circumstances.

even if she was selling to get at her ex-husband (and that would open all kinds of horrible legal complications down the road in a divorce settlement), youd want to get the best value for the bike, not sell something thats worth potentially 1k for a fraction,just to get rid of it, but there, they sold a cross trainer worth £300 for £5 (check the sellers history) the other month.

if something seems to good to be true, it usually is IME.
  • cattytown
    cattytown Posts: 647
    Mr Evil wrote:
    awavey wrote:

Accept paypal but get the buyer to sign a receipt and take a photo.

Simples.

I'd prefer the cash though as there are no paypal fees on the transaction.

Paul.
    Giant Defy 2
    Large bloke getting smaller :-)
  • mr_evil
    mr_evil Posts: 234
    awavey wrote:
    Mr Evil wrote:
    awavey wrote:

a sensible seller would draw up a legally binding sale of notice document the buyer signs before wandering off with the goods, in such circumstances...
    cattytown wrote:
    Accept paypal but get the buyer to sign a receipt and take a photo...
    Good luck trying to get PayPal to accept any such thing as proof. They have a large bias towards the buyer in cases like that.
  • Pickled Pig
    Pickled Pig Posts: 233
    Mr Evil wrote:
    Good luck trying to get PayPal to accept any such thing as proof. They have a large bias towards the buyer in cases like that.

+1 That would require some effort on their behalf:- i.e. reading stuff. Far less effort to rule in favour of the buyer. Only alternative to the much preferred option of cash is to insist on feedback being left at the time of collection.