Endomondo is pants?

luv2ride
luv2ride Posts: 2,367
edited March 2014 in Road general
For about the 3rd or 4th time running, Endomondo has failed to record a ride (even though it said it had found GPS signal before I left this morning). Frankly I'm now eagerly awaiting my free phone upgrade so I swap to a phone that will run a Strava, but that doesnt come around til mid-May. Using a Nokia 800 Windows phone which never missed a beat, but not sure if this is a hardware issue or software problem.

Anyone else having problems with their Endomondo recordings?
Titus Silk Road Ti rigid 29er - Scott Solace 10 disc - Kinesis Crosslight Pro6 disc - Scott CR1 SL - Pinnacle Arkose X 650b - Pinnacle Arkose singlespeed - Specialized Singlecross...& an Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray 4 string...

Comments

• gubber12345
    gubber12345 Posts: 493
    used to have them,used to be a nightmare heading out and starting to record a ride then to find when I came home it had stopped half way round.dont know if it was the phone but ever since I changed to strava and Samsung phones absolutely no probs.
    Lapierre Aircode 300
    Merida
  • luv2ride
    luv2ride Posts: 2,367
    New Samsung S5 (water resistant!) looking good at the moment, or the Sony Xperia Z1 compact. May feels a long way off though....
    Titus Silk Road Ti rigid 29er - Scott Solace 10 disc - Kinesis Crosslight Pro6 disc - Scott CR1 SL - Pinnacle Arkose X 650b - Pinnacle Arkose singlespeed - Specialized Singlecross...& an Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray 4 string...
  • Initialised
    Initialised Posts: 3,047
    I had similar bother with a Galaxy Nexus and Strava (and all other GPS tracking software) after an OS update.
    I used to just ride my bike to work but now I find myself going out looking for bigger and bigger hills.
  • steve6690
    steve6690 Posts: 190
    I use Endo a lot, with a Samsung Galaxy S3. It's never missed a beat and the gps is better than my Garmin 510 in that it doesn't lose accuracy under heavy clouds or in the woods.
  • rando
    rando Posts: 285
    I use Endomondo to also track my dog walks and had a Blckberry phone which used to take an age to locate any satellites and also used to stop mid way through walks etc but since getting an iphone it has been faultless. Gets the satellites really quick and then never drops them. I also used to lose signal when on phone calls alot on the Blackberry but not the iphone. I just put it down to Blackberry phone being pants.
  • Endomondo appeared to record only 3 or 4km on my old phone (HTC Desire) but when I checked what was synced on the website it had the whole distance. Also used to take a while to lock on to satellites so I got into the habit of firing up the app a few minutes before heading out. Seems fine on the Moto G though....
  • markhewitt1978
    markhewitt1978 Posts: 7,614
    I used to record my rides with Endomondo on iPhone 4S. But I have a problem that if I stop for a ride and use my phone for something else, e.g. make a call, take a picture etc, the tracking gets paused, so I've missed out big chunks of rides because of that. Endomondo tell me it's because the phone has run out of memory so it effectively shuts Endomondo down and doesn't start it back up again until you go back into it.

I now use Strava which isn't as bad but I do have to make sure that if I've used the phone for anything else I open the app and make sure it's still tracking before I set off.
  • crescent
    crescent Posts: 1,201
    No issues with Endomondo on my Blackberry, I find it excellent. I usually have the "coach" in my ear telling me lap times etc so I know if it's working ok. Never let me down yet.
    Bianchi ImpulsoBMC Teammachine SLR02 01Trek Domane AL3“When I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair for the future of the human race. “ ~H.G. Wells Edit - "Unless it's a BMX"
  • shmooster
    shmooster Posts: 335
    Use it all the time and have for 3+ years on various iphones, no issues really, except their continuous and frustrating lack of support for speed/cadence sensors.
  • markhewitt1978
    markhewitt1978 Posts: 7,614
    Crescent wrote:
    No issues with Endomondo on my Blackberry, I find it excellent. I usually have the "coach" in my ear telling me lap times etc so I know if it's working ok. Never let me down yet.

I do like this feature when I'm walking, every half mile tells me how far I've gone and how fast I'm going.
  • ju5t1n
    ju5t1n Posts: 2,028
    99 times out of 100 it will be your device that’s at fault rather than the software app. Endo uses the same data that Strava uses. So if there’s a problem with the data then neither App will work properly.