Hedge Cutting.....

Cannock Chase
Cannock Chase Posts: 558
edited March 2014 in Road general
Don't know what it's like wherever you are, but around me in Staffordshire it's well into the hedge cutting season. Thorns, Thorns and more Thorns. So many of my favourite lanes are no-go areas.
I'm not getting old... I'm just using lower gears......
Sirius - Steel Reynolds 631
Cove Handjob - Steel Columbus Nivacrom
Trek Madone - Carbon

Comments

• luv2ride
    luv2ride Posts: 2,367
    Yup, hedge cuttings, potholes and mud in Wilts. And witnessed some really dodgy driving today as well. Other than that riding is still preferable to not riding :D
    Titus Silk Road Ti rigid 29er - Scott Solace 10 disc - Kinesis Crosslight Pro6 disc - Scott CR1 SL - Pinnacle Arkose X 650b - Pinnacle Arkose singlespeed - Specialized Singlecross...& an Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray 4 string...
  • gubber12345
    gubber12345 Posts: 493
    hedge cutting here takes place around oct-nov time,kinda take it easier around that time for some reason so doesn't really bother me.tortured by pothole,ruts etc now tho :P
    Lapierre Aircode 300
    Merida
  • rickeverett
    rickeverett Posts: 988
    hedge cutting here takes place around oct-nov time,kinda take it easier around that time for some reason so doesn't really bother me.tortured by pothole,ruts etc now tho :P

Yeah they cut here in Lancs around Oct / Nov.
    All the thorns have gone now. The roads are just filthy.

Mind you in the last couple of days they have been dry - but then there's lots of dust.
  • Moonbiker
    Moonbiker Posts: 1,706
    I think its hedge cutting season most of the year here or maybe farmers ignore any regulation on cutting times if there is suppose to be any. Well they started cutting august & are still cutting now.

Sometimes they attack hedges that haven't being cut for a decade so roads are littered with large branches etc, its not so bad when they do the regulary maintained hedges.
  • Dorset_Boy
    Dorset_Boy Posts: 6,919
    I don't think they can cut when the birds are nesting, so only have a few more weeks left. I guess they can't get into the fields to sow anything at the moment due to the wetness of the ground, so are focussing on the hedges - just hope they cut them right back. Lots being cut here but not too many thorns thankfully.