Edge 810 has deleted my ride

AdrianStuart
AdrianStuart Posts: 140
edited March 2014 in Road general
H all, used my Garmin Edge 810 for he 1st time today.

Completed 30miles, when I got home, i hit save ride it then tried auto uploading but a mesasge popped up saying ti had failed.

I then plugged in the device and tried to sync via the garmin connect website, the uploader stated "no new activities" this was a shock to me as I have just completed and saved my first ride.

I then turned on the device and noticed the saved ride is no longer on the garmin? The records and totals are there but no rides? Has this happened to anyone else and if so is there a get the ride back and how do i avoid this for future rides?

Comments

• Try plugging the unit into a computer and searching both the unit and any sd card for any .fit files. You never know.
  • Try plugging the unit into a computer and searching both the unit and any sd card for any .fit files. You never know.

Thanks, I did just that with no luck, the only .fit files I found were Records.fit & Totals.fit

Not the end of the world, i just hope it doesn't happen again
  • topcattim
    topcattim Posts: 766
    Try plugging the unit into a computer and searching both the unit and any sd card for any .fit files. You never know.

Thanks, I did just that with no luck, the only .fit files I found were Records.fit & Totals.fit

Not the end of the world, i just hope it doesn't happen again
    I took my new 810 out for its first time today as well. It froze half way round and couldn't be woken up for another twenty minutes. Tonight its doing the same. Not what I expected for a premium priced product :cry:
  • dabber
    dabber Posts: 1,926
    Do a quick and dirty test... just set it recording in the house for a while, perhaps walk around with it for a few minutes. Then see if it has recorded and if you can see the file.
    “You may think that; I couldn’t possibly comment!”

Wilier Cento Uno SR/Wilier Mortirolo/Specialized Roubaix Comp/Kona Hei Hei/Calibre Bossnut