Strange noise coming from Minoura V130 Turbo Trainer

portland_bill
portland_bill Posts: 287
edited February 2014 in Workshop
Hi all,

I bought my Minoura V130 from a friend of a friend who was moving to Australia a couple of years ago and it still had the stickers and wrappings in the box when I got it from him as he said he'd only used it a handful of times but didn't enjoy it so didn't want to take it with him.

Anyway, I've used it a reasonable amount of times since buying it although I wouldn't say I've used it a lot, but a few months ago I noticed a strange noise coming from it and it's really hard to describe but it doesn't seem to be rythmic or in any particular pattern, but it's almost like an intermittent whirring/buzzy sound that never used to be there.

It says in the documentation if you hear any strange noises to stop using it immediately and go back to the place you bought it, but I've spoken to my friend's friend and he said his ex-girlfriend bought it for him online and he can't remember so I can't go back to the original retailer.

Thing is they don't seem to be serviceable either so it's not like I can open it up and check the bearings etc, but I'm just at a bit of a loss as to what to do with it. It doesn't feel any different when in use, it just doesn't sound quite right but I've wound the remote resistance right up and down to see if that makes any difference but it doesn't.

Any ideas?

Cheers all!