Fox RP2 Rear Shock Propedal Leaver is loose!

GTxcr5
GTxcr5 Posts: 2
edited March 2014 in MTB workshop & tech
i have a GTxcr5 i noticed on my last ride when i was stood up pedaling i was bouncing up and down i stopped and tried to put the lockout on and the leaver was very loose and when in position it has the smallest of clicks. i resumed riding but the lockout didnt seem to work!!!

Any one else have this issue??

:(

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    You need to determine if it works. It's not lock out. You still get movement, just stiffer.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • mattv
    mattv Posts: 992
    Check for oil on the underside of the pro pedal lever. If there is, or if you think it's not working right, it's time for a service. Gonna be £150.....
  • I had this on my RP2 shock too, I sent it off to Mojo, and it turned out it was the pin that activates the propedal had seized. They cleaned it up and lubed it and all worked fine again, no idea on cost though as mine was still under warranty.
    Transition Trans AM 27.5
    Niner ROS9
  • I had this on my RP2 shock too, I sent it off to Mojo, and it turned out it was the pin that activates the propedal had seized. They cleaned it up and lubed it and all worked fine again, no idea on cost though as mine was still under warranty.

Think that's quite common. The pin causes the problems with the lever. The annoying thing is Fox don't supply service instructions you have it send it back for a pro pedal issue unfortunately.