Planet X Pro Carbon Frame @ £149.99

focuz
focuz Posts: 150
edited February 2014 in Road general
Heads up on Planet X Pro Carbon Frame at £149.99 at the mo on their website, in only some sizes and colours but 68% off! Just ordered my winter bike frame:)

Comments

• Link?
  • http://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/FRPXSLPC/p ... road-frame

That's the only link i can see on their site.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    :-( No medium or large left
  • cesco
    cesco Posts: 252
    Their SRAM-build seems to be removed from their site altogether. Something new coming up?
  • dowtcha
    dowtcha Posts: 442
    Makes you wonder what they buy these at cost for.
  • Moonbiker
    Moonbiker Posts: 1,706
    Suppose they could be selling at cost price or even below to generate threads like this hence traffic to there website.

Or maybe they only cost $50 each to buy if you order them in a shipping container from china with 10,000 frames in it?

Would be interesting to know how much they pay whats the markups/ profit margins are are.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    You could say that about anything though.
    Would be more interesting to know what mark up is on some premium brands frames.
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    Carbonator wrote:
    You could say that about anything though.
    Would be more interesting to know what mark up is on some premium brands frames.

You can probably roughly determine the relative mark up by looking at frames like the De Robble.

The really interesting one for me is the relative mark up within ranges. Eg take a pure purveyor of Taiwanese frames - Pinarello. It would be interesting to know how much more a top range Dogma costs to make compared to an FP2 or similar. I suspect it isn't that big a difference. I guess if they sell ten times as many FP2s as Dogmas, then the profit margin on the Dogma frame might need to be 10 times more than that of the FP2. Hope someone on here really knows the answer to this!
    Faster than a tent.......
  • vanleapo
    vanleapo Posts: 150
    I think they only had a couple of frames at that price.
    At present they only seem to have 2 x XLarge @ £399, which is there normal price.

This is just PX way of enticing people on to their website.
    Tearfund Tour of Scotland 26th May to 1st June 2013
    http://www.justgiving.com/phil-godley
  • vanleapo wrote:
    I think they only had a couple of frames at that price.
    At present they only seem to have 2 x XLarge @ £399, which is there normal price.

This is just PX way of enticing people on to their website.

No, sorry. We were just clearing a few frames without forks that we had as old stock.
    Limited numbers, now nearly all gone.