my bianchi bites the dust

bianchimoon
bianchimoon Posts: 3,942
edited March 2014 in Road general
3 weeks inside the 5 year frame warranty, was cleaning it at weekend and noticed both sides of the BB have a radial crack in. Spoke to Bianchi UK and have to take into closest Bianchi dealer 50 miles away! To be honest don't really want a new frame as it'll be a different model and probably a different colour but they don't make the 928 C2C anymore. Sad day :(
All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....

Comments

• better now than in a months time.

Any thoughts on what you fancy???
  • DiscoBoy
    DiscoBoy Posts: 905
    It sounds like you're getting a free upgrade for the price of some time taking your bike apart and then putting it back together again, what's not to like?
    Red bikes are the fastest.
  • It's worth a shot though, surely? The Bianchi 928 C2C is lovely bike but they may offer something better....Nothing ventured and all that...
  • bianchimoon
    true to all replies, just feel really comfortable with the set up after a retul bike fit a couple of years back and the quirky pot bellied looks of the bike. Still a bit worrying after 5 years the frame has cracks in it :(
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • bianchimoon
    better now than in a months time.

Any thoughts on what you fancy???

Don't think I'll get a lot of say, my guess is the replacement will be the intenso
    as that's the closest, would expect to be as like for like as possible
    http://www.bianchi.com/uk/bikes/bikes_d ... ter=134936
  • smoggysteve
    smoggysteve Posts: 2,909
    You not fancy an Infinito? can be had for as little as €2000
  • bianchimoon
    You not fancy an Infinito? can be had for as little as €2000
    Bianchi are replacing free of charge (hopefully), so guess it will be intenso. Isn't that same frame as infinito with cheaper parts on it?
  • Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    You should be grateful it lasted that long! Bianchis used to have a poor reputation for quality that many dealers stopped doing them. Ironically, quality Improved when frame manufacture moved from Italy.
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • bianchimoon
    Monty Dog wrote:
    You should be grateful it lasted that long! Bianchis used to have a poor reputation for quality that many dealers stopped doing them. Ironically, quality Improved when frame manufacture moved from Italy.
    Thanks I feel a boatload better now.. i think :|
  • bianchimoon
    Just an update, Bianchi UK are replacing frame with an infinito. They gave me the choice between a 2014 intenso or a 2013 infinito. So thank you Bianchi, one happier customer .
  • Glad to hear they are at least honoring their duty. I personally would be crushed if my Bianchi died. It is nothing special (as far as their bikes go), but it is mine and I love it!

How was the customer service experience?
  • upperoilcan
    upperoilcan Posts: 1,180
    Just an update, Bianchi UK are replacing frame with an infinito. They gave me the choice between a 2014 intenso or a 2013 infinito. So thank you Bianchi, one happier customer .

That's great news,congratulations !
    Cervelo S5 Ultegra Di2.
  • bianchimoon
    bianchinut wrote:
    Glad to hear they are at least honoring their duty. I personally would be crushed if my Bianchi died. It is nothing special (as far as their bikes go), but it is mine and I love it!

Incredibly good, the local bike shop I bought it off is no longer a Bianchi dealer, so I got in touch with Bianchi UK, and Luicia, although couldn't deal with me direct got in touch with the closest Bianchi dealer who agreed to handle the claim. rame arrived today and off to get it built up tomorrow :D
  • KonkyWonky
    KonkyWonky Posts: 186
    bianchinut wrote:
    Glad to hear they are at least honoring their duty. I personally would be crushed if my Bianchi died. It is nothing special (as far as their bikes go), but it is mine and I love it!

Incredibly good, the local bike shop I bought it off is no longer a Bianchi dealer, so I got in touch with Bianchi UK, and Luicia, although couldn't deal with me direct got in touch with the closest Bianchi dealer who agreed to handle the claim. rame arrived today and off to get it built up tomorrow :D

Will feel like getting a new bike. I know it's not "your" bike yet, but give it a few weeks spring cycling and I'm sure it will be :)
    2013 Canyon Ultimate AL 7.0
    2003 Specialized Allez Sport
  • bianchimoon
    KonkyWonky wrote:
    bianchinut wrote:

Will feel like getting a new bike. I know it's not "your" bike yet, but give it a few weeks spring cycling and I'm sure it will be :)
    yup i'm a lucky boy :D
  • fatdaz
    fatdaz Posts: 348
    I've been riding a 2012 Infinito for 18 months and I love it. Enjoy your new toy