RIP Panta

123457»

Comments

• rayjay
    rayjay Posts: 1,384
    rayjay wrote:
    FJS wrote:
    Sure, it's the combination. The biological passport has punitive measures attached to it.
    And, as we know, the alternative to punishing a big fish without actually doing something structurally can also be punishing a small fish without doing something structurally

Punishments and disqualifications have been in force since the 1970s and have done nothing to help. You can argue for life bans and you will still have offenders.
    In the states where death penalty is applied, there is more violent crime than in those where it isn't. Punishment is NEVER a preventative measure, it just doesn't work.
    The way out o the mess is via EDUCATION... riders need to be aware of the risks associated with drugs theraphy. There needs to be a stricter control over team doctors and consulting doctors and team managers and staff need to have immaculate credentials... unfortunately Riis and the likes have to go(even if I do respect Riis as a team manager). More education and less repression

Ive argument plenty of times against life bans , increasing punishment doesn't increase the deterrent.
    But increasing the perception that you could get caught does help. So yes, go after the big fish first.

Like Riis and Vaughter's still running teams. Like all those riders that get a 2 year ban or off season bans and are still racing and are welcomed back into the peloton with open arms.

Go after all those riders who no longer ride or manage teams, what you going to do ,ban them :lol:

Whats the point of increasing the perception of being caught when riders know full well they will be back racing within a year or 2 :roll:

rayjay, you didn't listen to a word of my argument (or anyone else's) last time we went through this, so you'll forgive me if I don't bother rehashing it again for you.

Instead you can have a :roll: smiley. You seem to like them.

Just answer my point .

What is the point of increasing perception of getting caught, if riders know they will be welcomed back into the peloton within a year or 2 ,,,,tell me how is that a deterrent ?
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,388
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 13,309
    rayjay wrote:

Just answer my point .

No. You never bother to answer any of anyone else's. We went through this ages ago, when you spectacularly failed to address any of the arguments I made.

Back on blocked.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • rayjay
    rayjay Posts: 1,384
    rayjay wrote:

Just answer my point .

No. You never bother to answer any of anyone else's. We went through this ages ago, when you spectacularly failed to address any of the arguments I made.

Back on blocked.

What you mean, is that I don't agree with you or your buddys views...

The fact is ,,,,You can't answer the point because you tied your self up in bullsh%% ,,,,,again,

Or answer the point.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,612
    If I have to lock another thread for descending into petty arguing which isn't related to the OP I will do a whole bunch of indiscriminate banning.

If someone has an opinion you don't like you don't have to bite. Honest. It's a forum. It doesn't actually matter.
This discussion has been closed.