May I please ask for your support, vote for the Giro d’Itali

Darren C
Darren C Posts: 12
edited February 2014 in Road general
Hi,
My design has been added to the shortlist of 25 bikes from nearly 6000 entries in a competition on the road.cc website. The winner will be decided by a public vote.
I would be very grateful if you could spare a few moments by voting for my design, Giro d’Italia by Darren Collard.
The frame is painted in the colours of the Italian flag, while the tyres and ‘bar tape match the race leaders jersey, the maglia rosa (pink jersey). But it is not all about looks, the wheels and groupset have been chosen with the toughest Grand Tour in mind, including a Ceramic bottom bracket for extra weight saving.
Click on the link below or search for ‘road.cc project one vote’:
http://road.cc/content/news/110710-trek ... g-now-open
You can vote from the web page or by using twitter and facebook as per instructions.
If you are feeling extremely generous, you could vote using all three methods!
Thank you for your support, it is greatly appreciated.
Kindest regards,
Darren Collard.

Comments

• napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    Ceramic bottom bracket for weight saving? Wtf?!

They're all minging apart from maybe the Flouro/black.
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • bianchimoon
    bianchimoon Posts: 3,942
    edited February 2014
    There's only one there I feel vaguely comffortable with, and it aint yours I'm afraid!
    And when I vote for something it's my opinion that counts - not because you tell me to.
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • Looks like the Livestrong Treks out in the lead with 280nr votes.
  • Bobbinogs
    Bobbinogs Posts: 4,841
    I voted, ermm, just not for yours Darren :)

Always nice when someone joins the forum just to see if we can help them win a bike...planning on sticking around afterwards or are you going to wait until the next compo we can help you with?
  • There's only one there I feel vaguely comffortable with, and it aint yours I'm afraid!
    And when I vote for something it's MY opinion that counts - not because you tell me to.
    I'm not telling you to do anything, merely making you aware of the vote and inviting you to join in!
    It is your choice, but some people might not understand what my design represents
  • Bobbinogs wrote:

Always nice when someone joins the forum just to see if we can help them win a bike...planning on sticking around afterwards or are you going to wait until the next compo we can help you with?
    We all have to start somewhere, you also had a first posting at some stage! :wink:
  • bianchimoon
    bianchimoon Posts: 3,942
    Darren C wrote:
    There's only one there I feel vaguely comffortable with, and it aint yours I'm afraid!
    And when I vote for something it's MY opinion that counts - not because you tell me to.
    I'm not telling you to do anything, merely making you aware of the vote and inviting you to join in!
    It is your choice, but some people might not understand what my design represents
    I would be very grateful if you could spare a few moments and vote for my design
    sorry must have misread the above?
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • ju5t1n
    ju5t1n Posts: 2,028
    Darren C wrote:
    Bobbinogs wrote:

We all have to start somewhere, you also had a first posting at some stage! :wink:
    ^ Yes, but we have a tradition here that your first post should be slagging off an online retailer
  • Ah I see, newbie silly error, sorry guys!
  • Darren C wrote:
    I would be very grateful if you could spare a few moments and vote for my design
    Where is this telling you to vote exactly? I am only saying that I would appreciate it IF you decide to vote for my entry. :?
  • giant_man
    giant_man Posts: 6,878
    Most of them are rubbish, no idea of colour or design, pah ...
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    giant man wrote:

To be fair, the design appears to be mostly fixed so all they are doing in the competition is picking colours.
    Faster than a tent.......
  • Rolf F wrote:
    giant man wrote:

To be fair, the design appears to be mostly fixed so all they are doing in the competition is picking colours.
    If you look closely you will see that some people have upgraded either the groupset or wheels, there wasn't enough in the budget to do both. But you are right about the frame pattern being controlled. :)
  • pdstsp
    pdstsp Posts: 1,264
    There are some bikes on there I hope I never see out and about - first time I've seen a Trek dressed up as a Bianchi too!!
  • LegendLust
    LegendLust Posts: 1,022
    Darren C wrote:

If you have to explain your design then it aint a good design in the first place.
  • They all look horrible and none have Campag.

I'm out.
  • George Ince plain black bike. Very imaginitive, ive never seen that before. Well deserved top 25 spot.
  • LegendLust wrote:
    Darren C wrote:

If you have to explain your design then it aint a good design in the first place.
    Not everyone is a fan of professional cycling, so they wouldn't necessarily associate the use of pink with the leaders jersey, hence the extra info.
  • Darren C wrote:
    Darren C wrote:
    Where is this telling you to vote exactly? I am only saying that I would appreciate it IF you decide to vote for my entry. :?

So, Darren, I have voted for your design - don't like it particularly but didn't like any of the others either and no-one else asked me so you can have my vote. :D

To answer your question, "where is this telling you to vote exactly?", I'd suggest a heading of 'May I please ask for your support, vote for the Giro D'Italia' is doing exactly that!!!
  • Thanks for voting for me, but the point you're missing is that I'm not TELLING you. Do you not know the difference between telling (ordering) and asking (giving an option)? i.e. come here tomorrow, compared with, are you able to come here tomorrow?
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,413
    Welcome to the forum Darren, enjoy :D
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • bsharp77
    bsharp77 Posts: 533
    Darren C wrote:
    I would be very grateful if you could spare a few moments and vote for my design, Giro d’Italia by Darren Collard.

Darren Collard.

Sorry Darren - didn't want to get involved, but your original post clearly reads like an order to vote for your design.

Im quite surprised you've got off so lightly so far on here!! :lol:
  • It's OK Darren I voted for your one - it is the brown one isn't it?
  • bsharp77 wrote:
    Darren C wrote:
    I would be very grateful if you could spare a few moments and vote for my design, Giro d’Italia by Darren Collard.

Darren Collard.

Sorry Darren - didn't want to get involved, but your original post clearly reads like an order to vote for your design.

Hi, we'll I can assure you all it wasn't meant to read like that, if you read the whole sentence 'I would be very grateful IF you could spare a few moments' and perhaps instead of 'and vote for my design' would 'to vote for my design' of been more acceptable!
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    Darren C wrote:
    Thanks for voting for me, but the point you're missing is that I'm not TELLING you. Do you not know the difference between telling (ordering) and asking (giving an option)? i.e. come here tomorrow, compared with, are you able to come here tomorrow?

Just to make it clear, are you asking us to vote for your design, irrespective of whether we like it or not (as per thread title), or are you asking us to contribute to the competition and vote for our favourite?

As a newcomer to the forum, I'm not quite sure why you would think a collection of strangers should vote for your design in preference to other, perhaps better designs, by other people they don't know.

I quite like your design but I'm not really into Trek so I doubt I'd vote. Good luck anyhow.
    Faster than a tent.......
  • It's OK Darren I voted for your one - it is the brown one isn't it?
    :lol::lol::lol::lol::wink:
  • Rolf F wrote:
    Darren C wrote:
    Thanks for voting for me, but the point you're missing is that I'm not TELLING you. Do you not know the difference between telling (ordering) and asking (giving an option)? i.e. come here tomorrow, compared with, are you able to come here tomorrow?

Just to make it clear, are you asking us to vote for your design, irrespective of whether we like it or not (as per thread title), or are you asking us to contribute to the competition and vote for our favourite?

As a newcomer to the forum, I'm not quite sure why you would think a collection of strangers should vote for your design in preference to other, perhaps better designs, by other people they don't know.

I quite like your design but I'm not really into Trek so I doubt I'd vote. Good luck anyhow.
    Hi, thanks for your comment, for those people who do want to choose their preference then that's fine with me, but for those who just wish to help a fellow cyclist by just two clicks of a mouse can do so too, I'm not trying to influence anybodies decision, just requesting that if they should feel generous then I appreciate their assistance. Knowing how easy & quick it is, I would have no hesitation in voting for someone else (if I wasn't already on the shortlist! :) )
    Of course all the designs have to based on a Trek.
  • upperoilcan
    upperoilcan Posts: 1,180
    The pink bar tape is a crime in itself.

Looks to me that there are two base designs,all the entrants have to do is choose the colour scheme.

Seeing as it's Trek,I would have liked to have seen much more grey.
    Cervelo S5 Ultegra Di2.
  • Darren C wrote:
    bsharp77 wrote:
    Darren C wrote:

Darren Collard.

Hi, we'll I can assure you all it wasn't meant to read like that, if you read the whole sentence 'I would be very grateful IF you could spare a few moments' and perhaps instead of 'and vote for my design' would 'to vote for my design' of been more acceptable!

perhaps instead of ..... would ..... HAVE been more acceptable ;-)
    i actually preferred a different one to yours, so didn't vote at all instead of voting for my preferred one on the basis that i would never have gone there without your link
  • Begs a question as to how many of these mamil spunkers could actually put a bike together in real life....................spunkers all of 'em
    My pen won't write on the screen