Bryton 40 not being detected

frosty99
frosty99 Posts: 115
edited February 2014 in Road general
My Bryton Rider 40 is not being detected meaning I cannot upload rides.

Strangeley it is charging when you plug it into laptop but brytonbridge just says "no device detected".

Have restarted/reset/reinstalled/changed cables/changed laptops

Anyone had anything similar, any ideas?

Comments

• me-109
    me-109 Posts: 1,915
    Tried a different port?
  • frosty99
    Yep I've tried both ports on mine a friends laptop
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    Try a different cable? (It's just a standard one so you probbaly have a few others knocking around!).

I think in the past I've ended up reinstalling the Bridge for this but whether that actually does anything or whether it is the unit deciding to behave I'm not sure. It probably will come back to life though but only when it's ready! I wouldn't worry too much about losing data unless it is already chock full!
    Faster than a tent.......
  • frosty99
    yep tried switching cables.

this morning it came up as detected for about 15secs, managed to save files but the files dont have any data in them.

The files are all 4kb

Strava uploads file then when upload bar is complete says "file empty"
    BrytonSport website uploads file but cannot display map or speed/hr details on the graph, essentially it only has the summary on the right (which is the same details that you see if you look at previous rides on the device history function)
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    That's annoying. Is there anything in the files if you open them in a text editor (at 4kb there shouldn't be much but it might give a clue).

I have noticed that Strava processes the data differently to Bryton - I think it calculates the summary stats on the fly whereas Bryton Bridge takes the stats from the computer. My guess is that the file contains only the summary info that the computer calculated hence Bryton Bridge reads the summary and Strava nothing.

I'd do a hard reset back to factory settings and try again.
    Faster than a tent.......