The Armstrong Lie; A Review

2»

Comments

• priory
    priory Posts: 743
    A really good film I thought. I went to see it because I had nothing better to do and with some reluctance.

I thought we were told at some point in the noughties that his frontal cerebral lobes took a hammering from his cancer and the treatment. If that is true it could explain his total lack of inhibition or conscience about the cheating and lying and bullying. He was the best at all that if not the only one or the first.
    It is pointed out in the film that he and his team mates in the mid-nineties realised that as all the successful europeans were doping they had to either play ball or go home; and chose the former.
    I agree the media hate campaign is overdone (although I have not been bankrupted by lawyers fees resisting his attacks which no doubt would change my attitude) and it should be recognised that his comeback from cancer is still one of the great stories in sport.

I really hope that the doping has gone away.
    Raleigh Eclipse, , Dahon Jetstream XP, Raleigh Banana, Dawes super galaxy, Raleigh Clubman

http://s189.photobucket.com/albums/z122 ... =slideshow
  • Really want to see this film but will probably have to wait until it is released on DVD unless somebody can point me in the right direction with a link :wink:
  • dennisn
    dennisn Posts: 10,601
    giant man wrote:
    wouldn't waste money seeing this rubbish ...

In reality this is the kind of comment that makes MORE people want to see this film. It's actually good publicity.

While you say you "....wouldn't waste money seeing this rubbish..." I'm betting you're just dying to give it a watch.
    Soon enough your curiosity will get the best of you. :wink:
  • dennisn
    dennisn Posts: 10,601
    hibster wrote:
    Raymondo60 wrote:

Just playing devil's avocado but what about all the other Tour winners who tested positive at some stage in their career? Pantani, Fignon, Merckx, Anquetil (admitted it) to name a few... should their wins be blanked too? LA is a bullying lying cheat but are his "wins" really more tainted than others?

This. I would like this question answered................

they are to me due to his career ending bullying antics

Bullying ended his career? I thought it was the doping. :?
  • Armstrong was a product of the system and yes his morals are disgusting but the real liers are the UCI who were quite happy of the increased viewing figures he brought and were in full knowledge of what was going on.
  • He won't show any contrition until he loses all his money. Then he might.
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles