Need inspiration 2500-3000k bike required

boogi11
boogi11 Posts: 354
edited February 2014 in Road buying advice
Hi all, I need inspiration, I had my heart set on a merida scultura cf 907. But availability is proving a problem. I'm looking for a good qty road bike, minimum of ultegra or equiv. minimum fulcrum 3 or equiv. I want a 2014 frame, and love new tech so anything cutting edge.

I do a lot of sportive but may do some racing so I don't mind taking a bit of pain on a harder ride

Any help welcome

Comments

• Grill
    Grill Posts: 5,610
    2014 Felt AR4 is a bargain as is the Scott Foil 10.

Or you could do what I did and pick up a Ritchey Road Logic w/6800 for even less. It's easily my favorite bike.
    English Cycles V3 | Cervelo P5 | Cervelo T4 | Trek Domane Koppenberg
  • Father Faff
    Father Faff Posts: 1,176
    I tried a Scott Addict Ultegra 2014 recently and as well as being nice and light it was a fun, lively ride. I haven't tried a Foil but by all accounts that is an amazing racing machine.
    Commencal Meta 5.5.1
    Scott CR1
  • Canyon CF SLX with Ultegra & Mavic SLR's
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • Mart74
    Mart74 Posts: 111
    Grill wrote:
    2014 Felt AR4 is a bargain as is the Scott Foil 10.

Or you could do what I did and pick up a Ritchey Road Logic w/6800 for even less. It's easily my favorite bike.

What makes the Ritchey so good Grill? (I know nothing about them) My LBS has a second hand one for sale with full DA for less than 2k I think, might be worth a test ride.
  • Grill
    It's hard to put into words, but I guess it's that it has everything I want in a bike. It's incredibly robust, stiff, racy and just puts a smile on my face with each pedal stroke. My Wyndy is 3kg lighter, and even though I love it, it could never be my only bike (whereas the Ritchey could). This frame only came out last year, so if they have it on DA for that price and the geo is right then snap it up.
  • Mart74
    Mart74 Posts: 111
    Grill wrote:
    It's hard to put into words, but I guess it's that it has everything I want in a bike. It's incredibly robust, stiff, racy and just puts a smile on my face with each pedal stroke. My Wyndy is 3kg lighter, and even though I love it, it could never be my only bike (whereas the Ritchey could). This frame only came out last year, so if they have it on DA for that price and the geo is right then snap it up.

Cheers for the info. It was the LBS owners bike, not 100% sure what model, will have a look Saturday. He's just bought a Giant Propel, DA Di2
  • focus izalco team sl 3.0 new dura ace group set excluding crankset which is rotor 3d fitted with 52/36 rings. full fizik finishing kit and less than 7 kg off the peg, pro level frame set great kit and all for rrp of £3099

whats not to like?
    dont only ride a bike
  • boogi11
    Well the plot thickens, the scultura cf 907 is on back order till may!! So they have potentially offered me a scultura sl 2013 bike(same top frame as this year) full s ram red , with d t swiss tricon wheels, value was 6k been ridden by one magazine for a test, they have offered me it for around 3. This is last years team bike

Any thoughts
  • dwanes
    dwanes Posts: 954
    Is this it?
    http://road.cc/content/review/75809-mer ... ra-sl-team
    I would snap that up, that's one very nice bike
  • boogi11
    Yup that's it, got a feeling that is the actual bike. Worth a punt
  • Grill