Wheel advice for my Roubaix SL4

sparklehedgehog
sparklehedgehog Posts: 295
edited January 2014 in Road buying advice
Hi

I need advice from you oracles out there.

I currently have a 2013 Boardman Team Carbon with Mavic Aksiums that came on it as standard. I've just purchased a 2014 Specialized Roubaix SL4 Sport Compact which has the DT Axis 2.0 wheels on as standard.

Which are better, the aksiums or DT Axis 2,0's?

Wanna put the best ones on the roubaix when it gets delivered (I'm a tad excited!)

Thank you for any constructive comments in advance
Giant Propel Advanced Pro 1 Disc 2020
Giant TCR Advanced SL 1 Disc 2020
Giant TCR Advanced 2 2020
Canyon Lux CF SL 7.0 2019
Canyon Spectral CF 7.0 2019
Canyon Speedmax CF 8.0 Di2 2020
Wattbike Atom V2
Garmin Edge 530

Comments

• Nice bike wish I was getting one - why not try both sets of wheels and stick with the one you like best?
  • Bobbinogs
    Bobbinogs Posts: 4,841
    ^^ Sound advice.
  • anonmouse
    anonmouse Posts: 102
    I thought they weren't allowed to call them DT Axis anymore? DT withdrew their license as the quality of the wheels was a bit meh and they didn't want the name ruined.

I'd go with the Askiums.
  • Nice bike wish I was getting one - why not try both sets of wheels and stick with the one you like best?

If it's any consolation the Boardman has to go to help fund it plus Evans cycles nice 0% deal is assisting otherwise i wouldn't be getting one.
    Giant Propel Advanced Pro 1 Disc 2020
    Giant TCR Advanced SL 1 Disc 2020
    Giant TCR Advanced 2 2020
    Canyon Lux CF SL 7.0 2019
    Canyon Spectral CF 7.0 2019
    Canyon Speedmax CF 8.0 Di2 2020
    Wattbike Atom V2
    Garmin Edge 530

If it's any consolation the Boardman has to go to help fund it plus Evans cycles nice 0% deal is assisting otherwise i wouldn't be getting one.

Ahh so you need to sell one set of wheels then with the boardman. I've no personal experience of either set but from what I read the Aksiums have the better rep so there's a dilemma for you - Aksiums are probably better but might sell better used even over new DT Axis cause everyone who knows bikes knows DTs are OEM on Spesh bikes. If you are selling on here it could matter on eBay maybe not.