Di2 on Campag chainset

Bar Shaker
Bar Shaker Posts: 2,313
edited January 2014 in Workshop
My gf was never happy with the Athena 11 on her Bianchi Infinito (2013). Whilst very slick when it worked, it needed frequent fettling and I had neither the time nor inclination to do this for her. Often be the RD not find the smaller three cassette cogs, if going down to them. It was as though there was not enough spring tension to overcome friction inside the cables, despite them being lubricated. Coming back up, the tension gave an indexed shift, but being a girl she just wanted it to work every time. Understandable.

So she has had Di2 fitted by our LBS. Here's the interesting part... rather than change the chain rings and cassette to Shimano, our LBS owner said he uses Di2 on his own Oltre with Campag cogs and recommended we did the same. I was concerned that cog spacing wouldn't match the RD spacing but it works flawlessly.

The point of mentioning this is that anyone with Campag who wished to use Di2 can do so without the cost of changing chainrings, wheels etc to Shimano compatible equipment.

I realise that some consider mixing components to be a crime but we are cyclists, not fanbois. 8)
Boardman Elite SLR 9.2S
Boardman FS Pro

Comments

• Yes, the cross compatiblity at 11 speed has been known for some time and it's a good thing
    left the forum March 2023