Is TREK becoming slightly cool ?

2»

Comments

• Put it this way, there is plenty in Criterium in Edinburgh that look cool enough for me. The project one stuff is nice, although I decided not to go that route in favour of the 5.9
    Trek,,,, too cool for school ,, apparently
  • Cool? NO.
    Well made bikes? YES
  • Crankbrother
    Crankbrother Posts: 1,695
    Put it this way, there is plenty in Criterium in Edinburgh that look cool enough for me. The project one stuff is nice, although I decided not to go that route in favour of the 5.9

And here is our answer ... They are sold in a garden centre so must be cool :?
  • what difference does it make where the shop is ?, that reply makes no sense.
  • Crankbrother
    For anyone in any doubt ... Dobbies Garden Centre does not look like this:

2a2519779299d28006cac2d85e55f60d.jpg
  • Nope, it looks like this

get-attachment-10.jpeg

DSC01240.jpg
  • Crankbrother
    So certainly not effortlessly cool ...

edit: I have nothing against Trek bikes ... My missus had a couple of road bikes that she loved ...
  • TBH Trek probably have some of the better women specific bikes as well.

I dunno though,, I just think my bike is cool . Granted, the big USA corporate machine is never going to be cool, but they have to throw a nice bike every now and again.

Maybe I`ll paint mine in the Holdsworth team colours, that might help.
  • rayjay
    rayjay Posts: 1,384
    Trek were the first to introduce the super light paint. 5grms for a frame.
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 13,309
    rayjay wrote:
    Trek were the first to introduce the super light paint. 5grms for a frame.

I weigh over 80kg, so that's unlikely to be much benefit.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    The new cyclo x bike with the isospeed decoupler really does look great and I think has already been put to good effect. The main site said it was a "game changer" as far as I remember. I was waiting to see how long it would take for that to end up on a CX bike.
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    Paul 8v wrote:
    There's just something very 'corporate' about Trek ... Same with Specialized ...

I have more issue with the blanket supply of parts and accessories (via Bontrager in Trek's case) rather than the bikes themselves ... The stuff just always looks cheap and uninspired ...
    I would love to know what Crankbrother rides, my bet is on a Team Sky replica Dogma :mrgreen:

Sadly, a SuperSix ... It's crap ... But I sold my Six13 before I realised ...
    Cannondale have always been quite cool to be fair, first fat tube bikes in the peloton and had Cipo riding them. Always a good combo.
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 13,309
    Paul 8v wrote:
    Cannondale have always been quite cool to be fair, first fat tube bikes in the peloton and had Cipo riding them. Always a good combo.

Sorry, Cipo was all manner of things, but cool? No. He could do cool OK on his day, but he was generally far too outré.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format