Carbon Fibre Repair in Surrey

shmooster
shmooster Posts: 335
edited July 2014 in Workshop
Hi All,
I got confirmation that seat tube damage on my Roubaix won't be covered under warranty so I'm looking to get if fixed. I found one repair place in Northants (http://carbonfibrerepair.com/) that looks good, but was wondering if there were any recommendations for somewhere closer to home (Southwest London, Kingston/Wimbledon area)?

Anyone got experience of anywhere good or bad? I did a forum search but only found a thread on DIY repair, and a request for somewhere in Devon, and Google didn't help much either.

Cheers,

Comments

• smidsy
    smidsy Posts: 5,273
    RPD Steve on this very forum is the man for this I believe.

edit: page 422 of the user names beggining with 'R when sorted aphabetically.'
    Yellow is the new Black.
  • shmooster
    smidsy wrote:
    RPD Steve on this very forum is the man for this I believe.

edit: page 422 of the user names beggining with 'R when sorted aphabetically.'

Nice one, message sent.
  • @shmooster - how did you get on?

See a place in Dorking that seems to fit the bill, but keen to hear what you've found.

Thanks.
  • Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • shmooster
    @shmooster - how did you get on?

See a place in Dorking that seems to fit the bill, but keen to hear what you've found.

Thanks.

Hi Lawrence,
    I went with the Surrey option in the end http://www.carbonbikerepair.co.uk/ there was a slight delay as their compressor broke but very happy with the end result and would recommend them. Came to £190 with painting and looks almost as good as new. The fact they were extremely busy is a good recommendation as well.

Reminds me, they didn't have a working card machine and were supposed to send me bank details to pay them but never did, must give them a call. Too good a repair to not pay for :-)