T F I F

The Rookie
The Rookie Posts: 27,812
edited January 2014 in The Crudcatcher
Morning crudders....
Finally a decent Friday as I actually have tomorrow off work!

Have a good weekend unless you've slagged me off this week, then I hope it pisses on your rides all weekend!
Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,869
    Morning

Today is living the high life in Chester! And as it's Friday, it's get out of there on the dot and go to the pub :)
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    Morning scuttlers

For once my Friday is a Friday and I have the weekend off, how did that happen?

But for now, work.

Tarrah
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • Morning Losers!

It's eerily quiet outside, no cars... weird. Today, work, then I'm off to Bury where an old friend has invited me and another friend round for pizza (that she's making :shock: ) I'm not sure what the motive is, as we're not that close. Me and my friend (who are close) have got our escape plans sorted.
    After this, more Minecraft.

Laters!
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    TFIF indeed. I've had a crazy week in work that will see me here til probably 10pm tonight and back in Sunday. But I've actually enjoyed it!! :shock:

Other than that ill have to make the tough decision of Afan or bpw tomorrow.

Laters
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    At Stanstead. Beers are in. Next stop Budapest.

Later losers!
  • Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    [quote="The Rookie"
    Have a good weekend unless you've slagged me off this week, then I hope it pisses on your rides all weekend![/quote]

Proper Cruddy stuff!

Mornin' meatwads,

Fryday = bacons.

It's a simple equation, but it works.

Onwards! To pork three ways, with fungi, potato rosti, pulses, vine fruit and a hens egg!

......that's 'full english' to the rest of us.
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    Mehning,
    Bacons - Done
    Coffees - Done
    2 x offices - Done
    Waiting for lazy fat fecker colleague - Doing :(

On the upside it is friday and i have decided its going to be poets day, and tomorrow is Karting! (biggest indoor karting in europe might i add)
    Sunday i hope it stops raining long enough to play bikes?

Anyway onward to more coffees and internet browsing.
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • spongtastic
    spongtastic Posts: 2,651
    Morning mongs.

Still f**king raining, getting bored of using the turbo and rollers but all the local roads are flooded so the gay bike isn't an option, and all the off road routes are nothing but watery mud. Last time I went out on the 456 it sank up to the hubs on a particularly mucky bit.

Also continuing to off load various bike bits and bikes (4 out of 8 gone so far), not sure what to go for though as a replacement, considering how much my back hurts after 4 hours on the bike I think I may even have to go for something with a bit of bouncy at both ends.
    Visit Clacton during the School holidays - it's like a never ending freak show.

Who are you calling inbred?
  • ste_t
    ste_t Posts: 1,599
    Morning,

Off to return the courtesy car then getting them to drop me somewhere for breakfast. No work for me today so will be ensuring I have at least one bike fit to ride to work until the insurance check arrives.

Next charity ride lined up, so will start checking out some road bikes as well.

Laters
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    Morning clunge sniffers.

TFIF, absolutely, especially as it's a three day weekend for me :)

Today consists of doing as little as possible (apart from being on here) to get through the day :wink:

Onwards to another tea now.
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • gt-arrowhead
    gt-arrowhead Posts: 2,507
    This weather is a fucking joke. Will it ever stop?!

Wont stop me from getting muddy on ride #4 tomorrow though. Looking forward to it. Getting my hands on a pair of Maxxis Beavers tomorrow. Cant wait.

Today is a late start at school in around an hours time, then 3 lessons, then home!
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    This weather is a ******* joke. Will it ever stop?!

Wont stop me from getting muddy on ride #4 tomorrow though. Looking forward to it. Getting my hands on a pair of Maxxis Beavers tomorrow. Cant wait.

Today is a late start at school in around an hours time, then 3 lessons, then home!

If you want to know what to do with Maxxi's beaver just ask :wink:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    Random:
    Did anyone watch "What happens in Sandy Beach" last night, awesome trash TV, i dont watch much TV but i think i will watch this from now on.
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • Cookeh
    Cookeh Posts: 351
    arran77 wrote:
    This weather is a ******* joke. Will it ever stop?!

If you want to know what to do with Maxxi's beaver just ask :wink:

Hahahaha! My coffee is now all over Uni's keyboards...

Heading down to Cardiff after a standard 9-5 Uni day to spend the day with my twin sister and family on our birthday tomorrow.

TFIF indeed, hope all have a good weekend consisting of rides and sweet fa else.
  • Gazlar
    work, then I'm off to Bury

Bury what? Bodies, or your obvious in said pizza making friend?

Oh and did someone mention a twin sister in Cardiff? You know the rules POIDH,
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,320
    Morning bottom feeders,
    Very glad it's Friday. A bit irritated I'll have to skip going to the cafe for lunch as I have to finish making my large cardboard biplane. But it's all in favour of a good pish up so shouldn't grumble. I'll spend the rest of the day avoiding difficult customers and only dealing with the decent ones.
    Have fun...
  • pesky_jones
    pesky_jones Posts: 2,890
    Whats going on nerds

Today I have to learn how to make a headset press. plus how to remove an old pressed cup. Any tips apreciated.
    Angry Bird wrote:
    At Stanstead. Beers are in. Next stop Budapest.

Later losers!

Jealous much
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Hammer and screwdriver to remove, hammer and block of wood to fit, sorted.......
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • veronese68
    Whats going on nerds

Today I have to learn how to make a headset press. plus how to remove an old pressed cup. Any tips apreciated.
    If you have access to the right sort of stuff this is what I did:
    Length of threaded rod, couple of nuts, large thick washers and some sort of top hat shaped things to make sure the washers stay level. If you just use nuts and washers the bearing races still try to go in on the slant. Hope that makes sense if not I'll try to do a picture.
    I do work in a large warehouse full of old car parts which makes that sort of thing easier.
  • pesky_jones
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Whats going on nerds

Length of threaded rod, couple of nuts, large thick washers and some sort of top hat shaped things to make sure the washers stay level. If you just use nuts and washers the bearing races still try to go in on the slant. Hope that makes sense if not I'll try to do a picture.
    I do work in a large warehouse full of old car parts which makes that sort of thing easier.

All makes sense apart from the top hat part. Like an m20 rod?
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Morning,

today i am hungry... that is it...

not alot else to add bar i may stab the next person who comes through my office door asking a stupid question.

laters
  • pilch
    pilch Posts: 1,136
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Whats going on nerds

Something like this

AXQWSweb.jpg
    A berm? were you expecting one?

29er race

29er bouncer
  • veronese68
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Whats going on nerds

Thought that was the part that's hard to describe. kind of like this:
    624825.jpg
    Goes between the nut and the large washers just to keep everything perpendicular to the threaded rod.
    ETA: Pilch beat me to it, just needs to have enough length to keep everything lined up.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,497
    welshkev wrote:
    Other than that ill have to make the tough decision of Afan or bpw tomorrow.
    I hate you :) We're planning to do BPW on 14th Feb though.

@Angrybird - beers now, hookers later? :wink:

The weather was so skanky this morning I decided not to ride into work - I am a wuss. But boss is out though so I am Top Cat for the afternoon. Roll on 5.30...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Gazlar wrote:

I might have to bury bodies if the pizza isn't up to scratch. Pizza making friend will be with her boyfriend, however the friend keeping me company is not, but does have amazing boobs, so I'll happily bury my obvious in her. Sadly this won't happen
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Just go for a stiff walk after..
  • As always
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar wrote:

I might have to bury bodies if the pizza isn't up to scratch. Pizza making friend will be with her boyfriend, however the friend keeping me company is not, but does have amazing boobs, so I'll happily bury my obvious in her. Sadly this won't happen

Why not, man I turn my back for 3 months and you all become pussies
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • pesky_jones
    Yeah well we needed some more pussy in here
  • veronese68
    Had a constructive lunchtime, plane is nearly finished. Prop, wing supports, roundels and machine guns are needed to finish.
    IMG_0469.jpg