What do Sky do that makes them so strong? non-doping thread

1212223242527»

Comments

• The Truth
    The Truth Posts: 161
    rayjay wrote:
    Hey Truth ,,,its so funny how it's the same few who say that they are not Sky fans but yet defend them soon as anyone says anything remotely anti-Sky,,,

Fact is, they the Sky clan have not been able to prove me wrong with FACT's about any point I have made about Sky since I have been on here.

They all make jokes and agree with each others view but the FACT is they have no idea what Leinder's was doing at Sky. The have no idea how Froome got so good in one season they just think they do.

They are so frustrated that until their is actual proof that Sky are clean, it's just their opinion against ours.

:lol: have fun

It's pretty funny that they are all running to the defence of sky, while insulting and pretending that my posts don't matter. I obviously struck a nerve, otherwise they would just ignore the "troll" and find something better to do with their time right?

I wonder, do they defend other riders with the same passion? I somehow doubt there would be this much outrage if I made some posts about Horner.
  • Right, I don't usually post on here (can you tell?) but read most of the threads including the spoilers which keep me alive at work during July. .

This is getting ridiculous, having followed this for 39 pages I have to say, The Truth is it not time that you found something better to do? I totally agree with Frenchfighter on this one, although having read everything that kind of makes me just as bad as those replying to these clowns, the only difference being that I couldn't be bothered to log in.

Hoping that this doesn't reach the almighty heights of the Alpe D'huez spoiler thread, 100+ pages wasn't it?

While I'm here, ATC, Yellow Peril, RideOnTime and No Ta Doc have all made me laugh out loud at least once on this page, kudos to you all and especially PBo for his excellent work on the Shakespeare post
  • slim_boy_fat
    slim_boy_fat Posts: 1,810
    rayjay wrote:
    Hey Truth ,,,its so funny how it's the same few who say that they are not Sky fans but yet defend them soon as anyone says anything remotely anti-Sky,,,

Fact is, they the Sky clan have not been able to prove me wrong with FACT's about any point I have made about Sky since I have been on here.

They all make jokes and agree with each others view but the FACT is they have no idea what Leinder's was doing at Sky. The have no idea how Froome got so good in one season they just think they do.

They are so frustrated that until their is actual proof that Sky are clean, it's just their opinion against ours.

Hey rayjay, I've seen no proof you're not a murderer or a paedophile, so by your rules it's perfectly ok for me to go around accusing you of being both right?
  • mr_poll
    mr_poll Posts: 1,547
    The Truth wrote:
    iainf72 wrote:
    The Truth wrote:

Vaughers is of course known as a beacon of truth. Warming down is something 14 year olds do in soccer. Every single pro cyclist must know about that.

Even so, is there any evidence that warming down helps?

You're talking about a sport where wisdom says shaving before a big event will sap your strength.

Warming down is common sense maybe, but no one really did it until recently.
    How do you know that?

Warming down has been common sense a long time before sky showed up. If everyone knows about it, and it works, then everyone is doing it.

Here is an interview with Alex Dowsett about his first season at Movistar.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/othersports/cycling/10529561/Alex-Dowsett-ethos-still-Ill-do-it-my-way.html

In it he talks about how Movistar openly admitted to playing catch up with the methods that Sky use - so to say that every pro team has been doing the same, this would say otherwise.
    At Movistar, Dowsett encountered a team still playing catch-up. “I sat through a meeting that I didn’t understand a word of,” he remembers. “But I just kept hearing the words ‘Sky’, ‘Wiggins’, ‘Froome’. Someone summarised it for me and basically, it was: we needed to do what Sky were doing.
    “Things like training. Sky would book a hotel for the whole of the winter. Normally in a training camp, we’ve got all 30 riders there for a week. You go out, and you can spend three hours riding on someone’s wheel and not actually making any effort. Sky were putting between eight and 12 riders out at any one time, so suddenly you’d have to work a lot harder.
  • The Truth
    rayjay wrote:

Hey rayjay, I've seen no proof you're not a murderer or a paedophile, so by your rules it's perfectly ok for me to go around accusing you of being both right?

lol. You really reached a new low there. Congratulations.
  • slim_boy_fat
    The Truth wrote:
    rayjay wrote:

lol. You really reached a new low there. Congratulations.
    Ok take out the murderer and paedophile part and replace it with pigeon fancier and lion tamer ;)

How do you prove you don't do something. Prove to me you've never bee to the moon truth?
  • The Truth
    Ok take out the murderer and paedophile part and replace it with pigeon fancier and lion tamer ;)

How do you prove you don't do something. Prove to me you've never bee to the moon truth?

How many people currently alive have been on the moon, 5 maybe? What are the odds of one of them being me?
    How many tour de france winners have turned out to be dopers?

I think if you do the math you will find that one of these is more likely than the other.
  • slim_boy_fat
    The Truth wrote:

How many people currently alive have been on the moon, 5 maybe? What are the odds of one of them being me?
    How many tour de france winners have turned out to be dopers?

I think if you do the math you will find that one of these is more likely than the other.
    I don't believe you, prove it.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,388
    Jtomes1993 wrote:
    Right, I don't usually post on here (can you tell?) but read most of the threads including the spoilers which keep me alive at work during July. .

This is getting ridiculous, having followed this for 39 pages I have to say, The Truth is it not time that you found something better to do? I totally agree with Frenchfighter on this one, although having read everything that kind of makes me just as bad as those replying to these clowns, the only difference being that I couldn't be bothered to log in.

Hoping that this doesn't reach the almighty heights of the Alpe D'huez spoiler thread, 100+ pages wasn't it?

While I'm here, ATC, Yellow Peril, RideOnTime and No Ta Doc have all made me laugh out loud at least once on this page, kudos to you all and especially PBo for his excellent work on the Shakespeare post

To be honest mate, it's your choice to open the thread and have a look. I'm not interested in Amateur Cyclocross so i don't open that thread. Doesn't mean it shouldn't be on the forum though.

I don't think it's acceptable to spout made up drivel about a team that some people don't like, if that is allowed to go unchecked then cycling spirals into a pathetic state where actually the racing is irrelevant and the "fans" just circle-jerk about doping.

This is not to say that we are the nightwatch and that wbt, truth and rayjay are some cycling equivalent of white walkers, but that there are people who want to believe in the riders, want to believe that performances are genuine and celebrate them accordingly. Part of that is refuting the nonsense spoken by the wildli...derm...anti-Sky clinicians

winter-is-coming.jpg

When they give us some actual proof (and by god you ll know it if they ever get it), then we'll change our views accordingly. Personally I have no interest in watching a chemical freak show in lycra. Frankly WWE is the same, is shorter, less dull and has Hulk Hogan in it...
    hulkhogan34ln.jpg
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,612
    If nothing else, the bickering is boring.

All the bases for an answer to the question have been covered.
This discussion has been closed.