Canyon and Movistar......

bagz3
bagz3 Posts: 253
edited January 2014 in Road general
With Canyon now supplying Movistar AND Katusha, what's the chances of their prices going up?

Think i best get mine ordered now!!!

Comments

• If anything I would hope this sponsorship has been calculated as result of their growth, and how many more sales they can leverage by sponsoring a spanish team, with a potential grand tour win...
    “If you worried about falling off the bike, you’d never get on.”

@mattbeedham
  • bagz3
    If anything I would hope this sponsorship has been calculated as result of their growth, and how many more sales they can leverage by sponsoring a spanish team, with a potential grand tour win...

Yeah, this is what i hope. Canyons success has been based on great value for money, i just hope this continues....
  • 100% GUARANTEE prices will go up.
  • bagz3
    100% GUARANTEE prices will go up.

As a result of Canyons relationship with Movistar or inflation??
  • ju5t1n
    ju5t1n Posts: 2,028
    bagz3 wrote:

As a result of Canyons relationship with Movistar or inflation??
    Manufacturers reputedly pay around one million Euros a season to sponsor the top teams. Someone has to pay for that, and it won’t be Canyon’s shareholders
  • adamfo
    adamfo Posts: 763

Well, on the MTB line some of the 2014 prices have gone down a fraction taking into account spec. changes. The Nerve 29er I bought is cheaper now than back in april when I purchased.

Canyon no longer alter their prices on a weekly basis depending on the exchange rate. On the day they locked their prices unfortunately Sterling wasn't as strong as it is now. They also did some rounding up so prices are slightly higher on some of the road bikes in Sterling terms.

For historical reasons Germans have an aversion to inflation. Wide boy tactics used by some British companies/distributors and price gouging by Americans seems an alien concept.
  • +1 that they will go up and like others have already said they longer change prices based on exchange rates.

One thing I noticed is the 2013 prices are same as 2014.... what's with that Lol?

Not like I'm a cynic
    London2Brighton Challange 100k!
    http://www.justgiving.com/broxbourne-runners
  • supermurph09
    supermurph09 Posts: 2,471
    Luckily mine is on order. Hopefully the prices sky rocket!
  • mallorcajeff
    mallorcajeff Posts: 1,489
    Does that mean pinarellos will get cheaper then? They pay sky 4 million a year for them to use pinarellos.
  • jscl
    jscl Posts: 1,015
    Does that mean pinarellos will get cheaper then? They pay sky 4 million a year for them to use pinarellos.
    Doesn't equate to big returns necessarily. Despite that, Yellow (UK Pinarello distributor) still makes more money from Assos than Pinarello, Giordana, Corima and Rudy combined.

Movistar spat their dummy out a little bit that's all, they too wanted the Bolide last year but it didn't happen. No point in keeping a sponsor no matter how much their contribution is if they won't support you with the latest tech.
    Follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/scalesjason - All posts are strictly my personal view.