12346»

Comments

• Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    How about a WT level Hill climb?

That'd be ace.

Pikes Peak :mrgreen:
  • FJS wrote:
    The Classique des Alpes failed. Something like that, a proper mountain route, tends to produce boring racing in a one dayer with a very small field of contenders, and 75% of the field abandoned halfway

That's exactly my point

I thought it failed because it rarely attracted the top names due to falling between the Giro and the Tour and usually being run in atrocious weather.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • Thinking solely about the UK domestic scene I would put this right...

http://www.britishcycling.org.uk/eliteroadseries

...by adding some more events and try and get some depth beneath Sky by supporting teams.

Its sad organisations like UK Youth have been allowed to fold.
  • ^I think its sad that the only GB guys to make the step up to either ProTour or ProConti this season have been the Yates twins

*hurriedly checking to make sure I've got that right*
  • lyn1
    lyn1 Posts: 261
    ^I think its sad that the only GB guys to make the step up to either ProTour or ProConti this season have been the Yates twins

*hurriedly checking to make sure I've got that right*

....difficult year to step up though.

Also wonder whether the very strong nationalistic bias in the vast majority of WT teams works against Brits. Sky are very much in the minority in terms of national bias.

FDJ 90% French
    Europcar 81% French
    (Euskaltel 70% Spanish)
    Belkin 66% Dutch
    Lotto 63% Belgian
    Movistar 63% Spanish
    AG2R 63% French
    Lampre 58% Italian
    Katusha 57% Russian
    Orica 54% Aus
    Cannondale 54% Italian
    (Vaconsoleil 52% Dutch)