Lights and Reflectors Requirement

2»

Comments

• Stedman
    Stedman Posts: 377
    MattC59 wrote:
    mfin wrote:
    The instant gut reaction to most people who ride clipless will be that it's daft or not really possible.......
    It's not very practical though if you have SPDs or Speedplays!

It's perfectly possible, my Ultegras were supplied with reflectors. I didn't fit them, but it's both possible and practical.

b82e372d654068aa2a7505cdbb22081b.jpg

Your ultegras are not legal as four reflectors are required. Sorry!
  • Stedman
    Just to add more confusion in this debate, there is no legal requirement for reflectors on pedals of my fixed bike as this was originally built before 1985.
  • de_sisti
    de_sisti Posts: 1,283
    Stedman wrote:
    Just to add more confusion in this debate, there is no legal requirement for reflectors on pedals of my fixed bike as this was originally built before 1985.
    What about bikes that are built up by an individual, instead of one that was "bought off the peg"?
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    Stedman wrote:
    MattC59 wrote:
    mfin wrote:
    The instant gut reaction to most people who ride clipless will be that it's daft or not really possible.......

It's perfectly possible, my Ultegras were supplied with reflectors. I didn't fit them, but it's both possible and practical.

They're double sided, don't be sorry, you weren't to know.
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • Stedman
    MattC59 wrote:
    Stedman wrote:
    MattC59 wrote:
    mfin wrote:

They're double sided, don't be sorry, you weren't to know.

If you look at SCHEDULE 20 of The Road Vehicles Lighting Regulations 1989, this states that these must be on the leading edge and the trailing edge of each pedal!
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    ^ I bet you're fun in the pub :D
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • Wirral_paul
    Wirral_paul Posts: 2,476
    Has anyone seen a PCSO at night? Around here it seems that they arent in any way a nocturnal creature - and are only seen in the daytime!!
  • JackPozzi
    JackPozzi Posts: 1,191
    Has anyone seen a PCSO at night? Around here it seems that they arent in any way a nocturnal creature - and are only seen in the daytime!!

Round here at night they're all in the town centre looking after the drunken masses, suspect they won't be too bothered about pedal reflectors...