Michael Rogers Positive for Clenbuterol

Comments

• iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784

If think he's clean then say so. If you think he was clean pre-2006 then say so.

I'm fairly sure his mononucleosis didn't' make him visit Ferrari then lie about it. Then years later refuse to tell his team or the press why his name popped up on the Reasoned Decision working with Levi, Vino, Ferrari and others in Tenerife.

But training plans right?

Lord have mercy.

Son, I was beating up on Rogers in this forum in 2006 and when he signed for Sky. So my view of him is pretty clear.

You probably think I'm a Sky fan (or Rogers fan even) which is quite sweet.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • PBo
    PBo Posts: 2,493

Lord have mercy.

Well, finally, I think that's something we can all agree on!
  • iainf72
  • rayjay
    rayjay Posts: 1,384
    iainf72 wrote:
    rayjay wrote:
    ray, you say that you know a doped winning performance when you see one.

so how do you think you are going to 'know' a clean one when you see it?

When I see what I think is clean I would be happy to say.

Can you quantify this?

You must have a checklist of things you'd look for.

Yes.
  • iainf72
    rayjay wrote:
    iainf72 wrote:

Yes.

Sharing is caring...
  • rayjay
    RichN95 wrote:
    rayjay wrote:
    I make my judgement from what I see and if I see what IMO is a rider doping then I am not going to pretend I don't know. Rich for instance when Ricco was at the tour and a couple of his performances were amazing would you have started from the don't know position?
    Having seen a few performances from a rider isn't a starting point. The starting point is never having seen him or heard of him.

Let's take the winner of the 2025 Tour de France and ask if he is doping (in 2025, not now). From my point of view it's a daft question. How can I possibly know. We don't know who he is and he's probably not even a pro yet. From your point of view, though, you already suspect him - because that '100 years of history' is still going to be there in 2025. Prejudice is probably too strong a word, but essential that's what that 'starting point' is.

And as for knowing a doping performance when you see it (many claim this), I wonder what you and the rest of the internet would have made of LeMond & Hinault in 1986 riding away from the field on the way to winning on Alpe d'Huez by five minutes. Imagine if Froome & Porte had done that.

I agree that is a starting point.

Well I reckon they were using some kind of PED's.

Obviously I can't speak for the rest of the internet but I reckon most people who use the internet would not know who they are.

I just imagined Froome and Porte doing that . They won the big race and everything. I had them 5'01 ahead of the next rider Contador.
  • rayjay
    iainf72 wrote:
    rayjay wrote:
    iainf72 wrote:

Yes.

Sharing is caring...

That is lovely.

To really answer your question , I use magnets
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 13,309
    rayjay wrote:
    iainf72 wrote:
    rayjay wrote:
    iainf72 wrote:

Yes.

Sharing is caring...

That is lovely.

it all makes sense now

http://www.theguardian.com/news/datablo ... arch-finds
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 13,309
    nic_77 wrote:
    Of course, I should have added that many pro cyclists choose to have their spleens removed for two reasons:
    1. It represents a significant weight saving in the region of 170g
    2. It allows them to cheat absolutely unchecked

Equally, some forum posters may choose to have their brains removed. Or to waste their time hoping that they might lure another into a more and more ludicrous discussion.

170g you say?

Hmmm.....

There are some people on a thread nearby that should probably know... viewtopic.php?f=40002&t=12953782
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • iainf72 wrote:

Tell me about it.

Kloden, Kessler, Honcher, Mazzolini, Sevilla and Rogers.

All of them. Cleared or not investigated by the UCI.

Funny enough all but Kloden have since tested positive or were thrown out of the sport. Oh and Sevilla never went down.

More like bloody Sinkerwitz for testing positive and bringing the house down! :D

But yes Rogers was the only clean one. Makes sense :shock:
  • dsoutar
    dsoutar Posts: 1,746
    iainf72 wrote:

I'm even more excited now to get to those Freiburg affidavit links

Come on WBT, you must have found them by now

Or are you still on foot ?
  • PBo
    PBo Posts: 2,493
    dsoutar wrote:
    iainf72 wrote:

Seriously, if the links don't exist, just say so. Genuinely, I''m guessing you mixed up Freiburg and leipheimer affidavits. But that's fine, you produced the Levi one which added weight to some of your arguments.

If you keep ignoring the requests, rather than explaining why you haven't produced them, it undermines your credibility. If it was a mistake, fine, just say so, I for one will just accept that.
  • Yellow Peril
    Yellow Peril Posts: 4,466
    PBo wrote:
    dsoutar wrote:
    iainf72 wrote:

Seriously, if the links don't exist, just say so. Genuinely, I''m guessing you mixed up Freiburg and leipheimer affidavits. But that's fine, you produced the Levi one which added weight to some of your arguments.

If you keep ignoring the requests, rather than explaining why you haven't produced them, it undermines your credibility. If it was a mistake, fine, just say so, I for one will just accept that.

I expect the link was on Wikipedia somewhere :roll:
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • iainf72
    Tell me about it.

Excellent, so you're agreeing that Rogers was not involved in Freiburg based on the available evidence.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,150

Tell me about it.

Although interestingly, what T-Mobile did next, post-Puerto, differs:
    Kloden - offloaded to Astana
    Kessler - offloaded to Astana
    Honchar - sacked
    Mazzolini - offloaded to Astana
    Sevilla - sacked
    Rogers - stayed with the team for another four years.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • RichN95 wrote:

Tell me about it.

Although interestingly, what T-Mobile did next, post-Puerto, differs:
    Kloden - offloaded to Astana
    Kessler - offloaded to Astana
    Honchar - sacked
    Mazzolini - offloaded to Astana
    Sevilla - sacked
    Rogers - stayed with the team for another four years.

The Great Cuddly Bob Clearout
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    2 years ago a thread on Michael Rogers positive for clen wouldnt have gone more than 42 posts...
    Contador is the Greatest
  • rayjay
    rayjay wrote:
    iainf72 wrote:
    rayjay wrote:
    iainf72 wrote:

Yes.

Sharing is caring...

That is lovely.

it all makes sense now

http://www.theguardian.com/news/datablo ... arch-finds

What a petty and nasty pathetic human you are. Stop stalking me and get a life.
    Enjoy :lol:
  • rayjay
    iainf72 wrote:
    He worked with Leinders, rode for Riis, was 7 on the index and tested positive after 06.

Working with Leinders on Sky - if you think that means anything you're an idiot. And rode for Riis? Hooo weee, that's pretty solid right there.

Why, because Sky have said they made a mistake hiring Leinder's and you are happy to accept that.

Do you know exactly what he did at Sky?

Sky knew exactly who they were hiring or did they not check his CV?

If they had hired Ferrari would you still have called WBT an Idiot because Sky said they made a mistake?

He his not an idiot for having a different opinion and a factual and valid one.
  • rayjay wrote:

What a petty and nasty pathetic human you are. Stop stalking me and get a life.
    Enjoy :lol:

Jeez, stop trying to fight everyone. As someone else said, you'd try and start a fight in an empty room
  • rayjay wrote:
    iainf72 wrote:
    He worked with Leinders, rode for Riis, was 7 on the index and tested positive after 06.

Working with Leinders on Sky - if you think that means anything you're an idiot. And rode for Riis? Hooo weee, that's pretty solid right there.

Why, because Sky have said they made a mistake hiring Leinder's and you are happy to accept that.

Do you?
    What was his role with Chris Froome at this year's Tour for instance?
    (Clue: this could be a trick question)
    rayjay wrote:
    Sky knew exactly who they were hiring or did they not check his CV?

If they had hired Ferrari would you still have called WBT an Idiot because Sky said they made a mistake?

This part is just plain dumb.
    His CV was going to say what, exactly?
    Everybody knew Ferrari's game, few, if any outside Holland ( and no forum sceptic) knew Leinder's.
    WBT's opinion is different, even possibly valid, but not factual.

At this point, I won't add a personal insult, followed by a couple of smilies.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • dsoutar
    dsoutar Posts: 1,746
    rayjay wrote:

You mean like the Freiburg affidavits ?
  • iainf72
    rayjay wrote:

No, but nor do you or WBT. I'm happy to accept they made a mistake hiring him.

So what should've happened after hiring Geert ? Or is this another one of these thing where no alternative will be offered?
  • mike6
    mike6 Posts: 1,199
    iainf72 wrote:
    rayjay wrote:

So what should've happened after hiring Geert ? Or is this another one of these thing where no alternative will be offered?

They made a mistake hiring him, they owned up to there mistake, they got rid of him. What more are they expected to do? Wear sack cloth and ashes?
    I can see this thread going to 300 pages before its locked. Just like the others.. and what is the common denominator? Ah yes. :roll:
  • gpreeves
    gpreeves Posts: 454
    dsoutar wrote:
    iainf72 wrote:

Maybe WBT is a Standing Baba? That would explain the delay :D
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,932
    All opinions aren't valid
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    Rayjay can identify a doper on TV with just a rub of his David Icke, but he can't see that WBT is working a rerun of the Armstrong wars - but this time on the side of the angels.

AmIrite?
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.
  • MartinGT
    MartinGT Posts: 475
    mike6 wrote:
    iainf72 wrote:
    rayjay wrote:

They made a mistake hiring him, they owned up to there mistake, they got rid of him. What more are they expected to do? Wear sack cloth and ashes?
    I can see this thread going to 300 pages before its locked. Just like the others.. and what is the common denominator? Ah yes. :roll:

Sky got rid of him AFTER It was made public about his goings on at Rabo.

Sky especially Brailsfraud make out that they are a super doper team looking at the nth detail of everything from sh!tting in the woods to eating Nutellla. They make out the Marginal Gains etc. Yet they fail to do any due dilligance on a Dr that is gonna join the team? Come on be serious!

It is like listening to Wiggins "Yeh, I was shocked when I heard about Lance, I never raced with him at the Tour"

Yeh ok.
  • mike6
    mike6 Posts: 1,199
    edited January 2014
    MartinGT wrote:
    mike6 wrote:
    iainf72 wrote:
    rayjay wrote:

Sky especially Brailsfraud make out that they are a super doper team looking at the nth detail of everything from sh!tting in the woods to eating Nutellla. They make out the Marginal Gains etc. Yet they fail to do any due dilligance on a Dr that is gonna join the team? Come on be serious!

It is like listening to Wiggins "Yeh, I was shocked when I heard about Lance, I never raced with him at the Tour"

Yeh ok.

I have no idea what you are talking about. I don't think you do either. :roll:
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,150
    MartinGT wrote:
    They could hardly get rid of him before, could they?

"I'm sorry Geert, but we're going to have to let you go"
    "Why?"
    "Er... we don't know yet"
    MartinGT wrote:
    Having an attention detail doesn't make you immune from error. NASA have incredible attention to detail and some of the most brilliant minds, yet 1 in 50 missions ends up killing the crew.
    Twitter: @RichN95