DURA ACE 9000 C24 CL - Rim Life

chris217
chris217 Posts: 217
edited December 2013 in Road general
Ok, sorry not sure if this should in 'Road Buying advice' as well / instead ?
anyway trying to decide on wheels, had some of the previous 7850 C24 , great but rim wear seemed quite rapid and at over £200 to replace a rim, its put me off.

any owners of either old or 9000 C24 wheels got any long term ride / wear reviews as i do like them but concerned about rim life.

cheers

Comments

• Grill
    Grill Posts: 5,610
    The rims are machined the same so wear will be just as quick.
    English Cycles V3 | Cervelo P5 | Cervelo T4 | Trek Domane Koppenberg
  • lol
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • I think they've only changed the hubs and the stickers, so I suspect rim life will be identical. It's a light rim, there is not much alloy to wear before they're done. People buy these wheels to do 5,000 miles per year, but that's not what they're for... hence the definition of training wheels and racing wheels
    left the forum March 2023
  • chris217
    chris217 Posts: 217
    "there is not much alloy to wear before they're done" thats my concern...

sorry i think my original post was a bit ambigous, what i meant to say was how are they in comparison to other factory buikt wheels i.e. Mavic for example. maybe i want the moon on a stick but trying to find durable / light and stiff wheelset !
    i guess everyone will shout HANDBUILTS at me .....have thought of that chap H Plus arhcetype and i do have some DT 240 hubs knocking around ....mmmmmm