Tinkov and Saxo

124»

Comments

• rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,681
    Macaloon wrote:
    The billionaires who really need a kicking are those with Cameron/Putin/Obama's phone number. They don't waste time competing for sickest frat-boy on Twitter: Tinkov's on a podium btw. These merchants of mind poison are too busy defrauding millions of your fellow citizens with willfully useless insurance policies, indulging in a little pre-supper Libor manipulation, or frying the planet with freedom enhancing greenhouse emissions - lethal gas.

Returning some of the indefensible bile hurled by ludicrous twitter personae is completely indefensible in this case. But it can also be considered a public service if it wakes people up to what these crooks get up to in private.

tin-foil-hat.jpg

I'll give you a serious response but not on this thread.
  • Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    I'll give you a serious response but not on this thread.

Look forward to it Sir. I catch up on my Investor Relations fiction on Saturdays, 'though the cat's perhaps out of the bag given your selected chart. Do consider the cost of wasting your time with an ill-informed conspiracy theorist like myself. Economies don't take themselves hostage by themselves :wink:

(In the unlikely event that you missed it, the conversation had meandered pleasingly into the realm of perspective. I thought a comparison of willfully offensive tweets - hell even cheating at games - with the deadly serious business of acquiring stupendous wealth and power by fairly foul means, added anther point of view.)
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,681
    RichN95 wrote:
    Bringing the sport into disrepute ! I think he goes over the top at times but we should keep this in perspective.
    To keep it in perspective have a look at some of the relatively mild things footballers get fined for under the charge of disrepute. Many other sports have similar.

Must say, as much as Oleg is saying inappropriate stuff, and he is, I take issue with fines for people saying stuff that isn't illegal.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,153
    RichN95 wrote:
    Bringing the sport into disrepute ! I think he goes over the top at times but we should keep this in perspective.
    To keep it in perspective have a look at some of the relatively mild things footballers get fined for under the charge of disrepute. Many other sports have similar.

Must say, as much as Oleg is saying inappropriate stuff, and he is, I take issue with fines for people saying stuff that isn't illegal.
    I agree - I've been a recipient of such a fine myself.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • smithy21
    smithy21 Posts: 2,204
    Has Oleg discovered something that enables his riders to rise from the dead.

Mick Rogers- gets his ban overturned and comes back from a few months of to ride away for a couple of Giro stages.
    Rafal Majka- goes from being burnt out and too tired to ride the Tour to winning the KOM jersey and a couple of stages.
    Contador- broken leg to winner of the Vuelta?

Sagan to win all the Monuments next year?
  • Macaloon
    smithy21 wrote:
    Has Oleg discovered something that enables his riders to rise from the dead.

Mick Rogers- gets his ban overturned and comes back from a few months of to ride away for a couple of Giro stages.
    Rafal Majka- goes from being burnt out and too tired to ride the Tour to winning the KOM jersey and a couple of stages.
    Contador- broken leg to winner of the Vuelta?

Sagan to win all the Monuments next year?

Faith: that both management and coaches know what they're doing. And less cumulative fatigue from 2013 season where they scored no GT podiums.
  • dsoutar
    dsoutar Posts: 1,746
    While many think that the staff of the Russian team exaggerated the injury to the Spanish: "No, this is not the case," said Steven De Jongh, the sporting director. "There will always be cynics who see evil everywhere. But it is true that he is ahead of his recovery. Pain, it allows him to excel, we know it all. Fortunately, he is not not a footballer. "
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    dsoutar wrote:
    While many think that the staff of the Russian team exaggerated the injury to the Spanish: "No, this is not the case," said Steven De Jongh, the sporting director. "There will always be cynics who see evil everywhere. But it is true that he is ahead of his recovery. Pain, it allows him to excel, we know it all. Fortunately, he is not not a footballer. "

So, next year, towards the end of May, Oleg will get someone to smash Bert in the shin with an iron bar.

Then he's bound to win the Tour.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • RichN95.
    iainf72 wrote:
    dsoutar wrote:

So, next year, towards the end of May, Oleg will get someone to smash Bert in the shin with an iron bar.

Then he's bound to win the Tour.
    I'm betting my house on Taylor Phinney to win the Worlds, that's for sure.
  • dsoutar
    dsoutar Posts: 1,746
    RichN95 wrote:
    I'm betting my house on Taylor Phinney to win the Worlds, that's for sure.

At least he looks like he's had a broken leg

Btk9z6LCQAARh-w.jpg
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,534
    No, he just looks like he was let loose with a marker pen :wink:
  • Macaloon
    I welcome the resurrection an American hero. I've missed the vacuous zany corporate shill.

489866899-third-place-finisher-taylor-phinney-of-the-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=X7WJLa88Cweo9HktRLaNXuD33tt6GFL9Y5DqM4CZagpG1BcYpg3TLkmuIx5DxSx8
  • thomthom
    thomthom Posts: 3,574
    From Twitter..

ByLEY80CEAESdYD.jpg:large
  • thomthom
    5c28C.gif
  • salsiccia1
    salsiccia1 Posts: 3,725
    If you ever wanted proof that money can't buy you class, Oleg Tinkov is your man
    It's only a bit of sport, Mun. Relax and enjoy the racing.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,534
    ThomThom wrote:
    From Twitter..

Nice head lock, she's not going to pull away from him!
  • RichN95.
    Pross wrote:
    ThomThom wrote:
    From Twitter..

Nice head lock, she's not going to pull away from him!
    She will if she smashes that glass and shoves into his eye socket
  • thomthom
    I'm so going to edit Bjarne's or Alberto's face into this..
  • ThomThom wrote:
    I'm so going to edit Bjarne's or Alberto's face into this..

How? Alberto has got, two. :wink:
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • That is a pretty awful photo - shame on him. Don't see it on twitter - did he take it down? And is that supposed to be his wife?
    Contador is the Greatest
  • thomthom
    E6qKQtX.jpg

Bx5G3mEIgAAKulj.jpg
  • ThomThom wrote:

Bx5G3mEIgAAKulj.jpg

'Bull's Blood'? 8)
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • FocusZing
    FocusZing Posts: 4,373
    ThomThom wrote:
    From Twitter..

1332618657065.cached.jpg
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    It reminds me more of this, actually:
    111612_Bockelman_t640.jpg
  • thomthom
    SlyQn7T.jpg
  • Macaloon
    Rutger-Hauer-in-Bladerunn-009.jpg