Wallmounting bikerack

RobNemoo
RobNemoo Posts: 7
edited November 2013 in Road general
Hi all,

didn't know where to ask this question...

Any of you use wallmounted bikeracks to store bikes?
Since my cycling is getting more and more my only hobby we now have 5 bikes already at home (...just my wife and me... :mrgreen: ) and in January I use the cycle-to-work-sceme to get a new mountainbike. So I really need some clever way of storing them in my garage. I found out that there are racks which are said to be capable of holding 2 bikes and found 1 brand (Cyclehoops Folding Bike Rack) that's capable of holding 3 bikes. I was wondering if any of you use this system to store bikes?

folding-wall-rack2.jpg

Comments

• navrig
    navrig Posts: 1,352
    Welcome to the forum.

This is a well discussed topic and you'd be better doing a search and reading the old posts - they will contain more information that you are likely to get from a fresh thread.
  • I use these, which means I can mount 5 bikes on one half of the garage wall. I found other options took up too much room.

$T2eC16RHJHwE9n8ihpYCBRUYjClfJ!~~60_12.JPG

About £6 from Ebay. 8)

And they still haven't turned my wheels oval.
  • I did a search Navrig, but found only bikeracks for 1 bike or car-bikeracks.

Thanks for the suggestion Colinthecop, but 5 bikes side by side like that would need a lot off wall space no?

The least spaceconsuming would be a bikerack for 2 or 3 bikes, just wondering who has experience with those.
  • RobNemoo wrote:
    Thanks for the suggestion Colinthecop, but 5 bikes side by side like that would need a lot off wall space no?

No, I stagger them at alternate heights, one mounted at the top of the wall and the next mounted at the halfway height, I found that way it takes less room.
  • Didn't think of that... that would indeed save space.
  • If you go for the ebay option be warned that the rawl plugs that come with them are rubbish, one bike fell off the wall, thankfully it was my wife's!
  • kwi
    kwi Posts: 181
    Yeah, anchor bolts are preferable than the plugs and screws supplied with those hangers. My MTB fell of the wall the 1st night it was up, fortunately only a brake master cylinder clamp snapped. (And my temper.)
  • jimothy78
    jimothy78 Posts: 1,407
    I use these.....About £6 from Ebay.

Thanks for the idea, Colin.

Just got 2 for a tenner from ebay :)
  • Thanks for the advice. Will have a look at the hardware store for some good anchor bolts.