what a hunt!

bianchimoon
bianchimoon Posts: 3,942
edited December 2013 in The cake stop
Quote “Stalked inside 60-yards on this beautiful male lion … what a hunt!”

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldne ... illed.html

think Ricky Gervais had it right "anyone spot the typo in her quote" so, so sad.
If it's your thing you can sign the petition here

http://www.change.org/petitions/the-gov ... hman#share
All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....

Comments

• daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    Lion dead.

Career dead.

Nice set of norks though.
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • bianchimoon
    daviesee wrote:
    Lion dead.

Career dead.

Nice set of norks though.

I'll give her that :wink:
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • I feel bad that stories over cruelty to animals tend to fill me with rage and venegul fury, yet every day there are stories of human death and destruction in the news and it doesn't ilicit the same response. Am I just desensitized? Am I a terrible human being? :(
    "That's it! You people have stood in my way long enough. I'm going to clown college! " - Homer
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,402
    A career as a Repulican Govenor beckons.

What a hunt indeed.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • bianchimoon
    I feel bad that stories over cruelty to animals tend to fill me with rage and venegul fury, yet every day there are stories of human death and destruction in the news and it doesn't ilicit the same response. Am I just desensitized? Am I a terrible human being? :(

that's interesting, i guess i feel exactly the same way re 'most' human v animal stories, could it be if we get animal treatment correct, it follows we'll treat humans correctly?
  • secretsam
    secretsam Posts: 5,098
    Seems she's a serial offender

Isn't she brave, hunting with a rifle and little real chance of death...

Let's hope next time she has a go at something it rips her fucking head off

It's just a hill. Get over it.
  • There are few things in life that genuinely disgust me - this is definitely one of them. Remember the Christopher Lambert film version of 'Tarzan'? - it was called 'Greystoke' I think. There were scenes of the Victorian English hunters in Africa, killing everything in sight, taking photographs of themselves posing with the corpses of various animals, and I remember thinking 'What a vile and obnoxious race we are - thank goodness those days are over' - well, apparently they ain't.
    Raymondo

"Let's just all be really careful out there folks!"
  • Her norks interest me.

I'd let her stalk me from much closer than 60 metres.
  • crescent
    crescent Posts: 1,201
    Yep, she is without doubt a complete and utter hunt-swoman.
    Put her against a lion and a bear without the weapons and I feel sure the result would be different. Has this woman not seen the John Lewis advert?
    Bianchi ImpulsoBMC Teammachine SLR02 01Trek Domane AL3“When I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair for the future of the human race. “ ~H.G. Wells Edit - "Unless it's a BMX"
  • bianchimoon
    Her norks interest me.

she'd slit your throat whilst you slept, just for the thrill of the kill!
  • Her norks interest me.

she'd slit your throat whilst you slept, just for the thrill of the kill!

As long as stuff happened before i'm cool with that.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,340
    I feel bad that stories over cruelty to animals tend to fill me with rage and venegul fury, yet every day there are stories of human death and destruction in the news and it doesn't ilicit the same response. Am I just desensitized? Am I a terrible human being? :(

You are not alone except for the fact that I don't feel bad about thinking that way.

Animal cruelty/slaughter*/poaching is an acid test of the evolvement of the human race. I subscribe to the WSPA and often donate. Some of the antics of people illustrated make me livid and I would would f*cking shoot some of these b4stards for a living if I could. I am not going to watch the clip because I wouldn't sleep.

*For reasons other than the acquisition of food.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Funnily enough, one of my buddies just got thrown into the mix for a position in South Africa as a counter-poacher operative for some semi-military group. He was supposed to be watching my cat over xmas holidays, but is leaving before we do now so i'm stuck paying big kennel bills. Am I able to poach him?
  • pinno
    Funnily enough, one of my buddies just got thrown into the mix for a position in South Africa as a counter-poacher operative for some semi-military group. He was supposed to be watching my cat over xmas holidays, but is leaving before we do now so i'm stuck paying big kennel bills. Am I able to poach him?

No - he's going to do a great job. Tell him I wish him luck and a few scalps. At least your pussy is pampered all be it grumpy and will never forgive you.
  • I'm just being a grumpy old git and complaining about having to be pay a silly amount of money after organising everything. Not the end of the world though, and i'm happy he's got the chance for the job. He hasn't shut up about doing something similar since we were about 11!
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425

Oh, as long as it's for something essential cruelty/slaughter is OK then :wink:
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • cyd190468 wrote:
    I'm not so sure we're talking about the right people. For a start it would be highly unlikely for the South African government to ban her from entering the country as the big game hunting industry is run by the South African government. Hunters pay 10s of thousands of dollars for the privilege. Melissa Bachman is just one of thousands of hunters that go to South Africa on a regular basis. It's another case of people being disgusted enough to sign a petition but not disgusted enough to actually do anything,

What?!? You have completely lost me with that post.
  • pinno
    team47b wrote:

Oh, as long as it's for something essential cruelty/slaughter is OK then :wink:

My dear pedantic yet concerned friend and one who normally notes such detail:

There is an asterix next to 'slaughter' and it refers only to slaughter and not any other adjective in my statement.

If you want me to go anal on you:

An action which deliberately intends to hurt an animal for pleasure or sport, the acquisition of resources for vanity and perceived medical benefits whereas slaughter is an action not deliberately intended to cause suffering. :P
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    :D

My dear pedantic reactionary, I was objecting to the word 'slaughter', albeit correctly and excellently used by your good self, I am concerned that you are a concerned being that is concerned for animal welfare, but if you end a life without the absolute 'need' to, or get someone else to do it for you, then you are not really that concerned about the animals welfare as it has ceased to have a 'fare,' well or otherwise, removal of life of a sentient being may well be pain free, but it still don't make it OK :wink:
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,402
    team47b wrote:
    removal of life of a sentient being may well be pain free, but it still don't make it OK :wink:
    Which begs the double question

Do aliens distantly regard us as savages? Hence the lack of contact.

And if we should one day meet alien life forms, what will they taste like?
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    seanoconn wrote:
    team47b wrote:
    removal of life of a sentient being may well be pain free, but it still don't make it OK :wink:
    Which begs the double question

Do aliens distantly regard us as savages? Hence the lack of contact.

And if we should one day meet alien life forms, what will they taste like?
    Chicken.
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • mamba80
    mamba80 Posts: 5,032
    Whilst shooting for sport isnt something im into, surely the money raised and hence the conservation that goes into Kruger park etc to enable the big game to exist in the first place is a price worth paying? and isnt some form of animal managment going on here as well?

i backpacked around southern Africa in the late 80s and again in the early 90s and my cousin was a game reserve manager.

the Chinese/Asian so called medical products market is the real issue here, unless that is stopped, then many of the worlds big game will simply dissappear.

Personally, I would like this woman to face a lion armed only with a hunting knife...of course from 60m out :)
  • pinno
    mamba80 wrote:
    Whilst shooting for sport isnt something im into, surely the money raised and hence the conservation that goes into Kruger park etc to enable the big game to exist in the first place is a price worth paying? and isnt some form of animal managment going on here as well?

i backpacked around southern Africa in the late 80s and again in the early 90s and my cousin was a game reserve manager.

the Chinese/Asian so called medical products market is the real issue here, unless that is stopped, then many of the worlds big game will simply dissappear.

Personally, I would like this woman to face a lion armed only with a hunting knife...of course from 60m out :)

Poaching has to be top of the agenda.

It is like the original Ducks Unlimted originally set up in California and fishing to a certain extent. I go fishing (seldomly now as I have two little one's and 3 bikes). My permit stocks rivers and you cannot keep fish alive in a polluted river. The Ducks Unlimted put a ban on hunting for certain times of year, thereby allowing the breeds to be sustainable. One can still question the sanity of why anyone would want to shoot such a fantastic animal.

Unfortunately, in the case of the big game, there are far too many uncontrolled pressures on wildlife from habitat to poaching to decreasing migratory paths. The revenue from tourism is huge. Kenya is a good example but Rhino horn is now fetching so much, the poachers are flying in by helicopter - $60,000 per kg.
    It is hair, nothing but hair. Ivory is seen as an investment just like gold in China and because of the presence of Chinese industry in Africa, there is deirect contact between supply and demand. This has catalysed the poaching and is decimating wildlife which far exceeds the decimation that occured in the seventies.
    I believe that the general population in the countries that are directly involved in sourcing illegitimate commodities do not know how the Ivory, Rhino Horn and Tiger Bones get there. Jackie Chan of all poeple is fighting the cause out there but only where he/his website/foundation is allowed access.
    It is time the Western World put pressure on the far eastern countries. I hate the sucking up this government and other governments do with no mention of the environmental havoc that the Chinese and far Eastern countries are causing.
    Don't get me wrong, we have and are doing the same but no on a scale like this.
  • playing devils advocate and too lazy to read the rest of the thread, but doesnt stuff like this (paying top whack to go shooting) in some cases go towards keeping safe other species, and can be a way to fund conservation in a roundabout way?
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Just came across this atrocity being perpetrated in China, would you believe. I know we are all aware of the Chinese attitude to animals, but it still shocks when you are confronted by it.
    Don't look, Pinar. I really wish I hadn't.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... video.html
  • nice baps btw
  • Ballysmate wrote:
    Just came across this atrocity being perpetrated in China, would you believe. I know we are all aware of the Chinese attitude to animals, but it still shocks when you are confronted by it.
    Don't look, Pinar. I really wish I hadn't.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... video.html

thats sick. cunts
  • pinno
    I didn't look Bally.
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    I didn't look Bally.

Good lad. You already know what savage cruel b astards they are.