joelsim
joelsim Posts: 7,552
edited November 2013 in Pro race
Just reading this again.

What a miserable bugger he is.

Comments

• bockers
    bockers Posts: 146
    Does this justify an separate post. The Kimmage post would be the best place for this, is still is a miserable git, Having just read seven deadly sons and also seeing what Kimmange said about Walsh recently I suspect he has even fewer friends.
  • Let's not judge to quickly although I do generally agree with you I've just read the last chapter again on Andre Chappuis which I thought stayed on the right side of sentimental.

Factually I'v enoticed it's a bit hit and miss -eg he says Gruissan's on the riviera when it's in Langeudoc - should a French team professional not know that !

i don't like how he goes for the most relaxing holiday with his wife at Carnet Plage but then can't wait to ogle at the bare breasted women when he goes for a training ride.

I think the book is more about him growing up than anything else - he was fairly raw when he got in the peloton - and that's not always the best place to learn the nuances of life!
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 13,326
    Personally, I think it was just poorly written. His style is clumsy and he comes over as whining and self-pitying. Still an important book though.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    All of that, yes. Self-pitying and hating the sport. Looking forward to The Tour and then absolutely wishing he wasn't there, moaning at his teammates and him not being a part of it.

It's almost as if he doesn't want to be liked, he's a loner.

I'm finding myself really beginning to dislike him for being a boring tw*t, put it this way I'd hate to be stuck chatting to him at a party.